Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Crappie fish report
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:23 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Headed to stoco this morning my gf and i. Got fishing around 1030. Got set up in 20' of water. Instantly boom i had a huge smash and it broke my line what it was no idea. So retie and boom perch. Got a couple more perch. Then all of a sudden my girlfriend says to me. There's a fish flying up to my bait on my flasher and wack. Reels it in and it's a 14" crappie. Beauty start. Her first fish thru the ice too. First ever crappie lol. So we jigged for a bit longer and she yells fish on. Get it to the holes it's a 3 lb pike. On 6lb line. Surprised she got it. Also another first for her. The next hour or so was pretty slow with a couple perch. So we moved in to 18'. Instantly marking fish but just more perch. So at the end i said I'm reeling up lets get ready to go. And she said wait a sec and BOOM. Her pole goes down and just screaming line. I say to her. I dunno what it is but its huge. After a 2 minute fight i finally got a glimps and its a musky. As soon as it seen the hole it took prolly a 50' run. At this time my gf is just yelling and loving it. She an i work it back to the hole and this time i seen the head an oh boy is it huge. The little light action rod just warped over I am wondering how this fish is still on. And it takes another huge run. After about 5 minutes of back and forth the hole and up and down. Bang we lost it. To much rubbing on the ice with the light line. My gf wasn't wven mad cause I said we couldn't keep it anyways.

Overall with only the one big crappie it was an amazing afternoon for a few of her first and to end it with an amazing fight. Think we are going to try it again tomorrow

Post subject: Re: Crappie fish report
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Nice report. Thanks for sharing and sounds like she's hooked

banner ad