Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Comon GUYS!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:00 pm 
Walleye Master

This board is pretty darn quiet!!!!!! You guys mutes or what???????

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:21 am 
Perch

Hello All...Looking for accurate ice conditions in the areas mentioned above. Coming fom the states for our annual trip and would really appreciate some updates. Probably going to bring the ATV's and make a "game time" decision on whether to use them or not. Thank you in advance for all of your help. This board is my only real source for accuurate ice conditions.

banner ad
 Post subject: ask grizzley
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm 
Minnow

ask grizzley he is next best thing to bob izume.how many did you get this morning grizzley.

banner ad
 Post subject: ask Grizzly
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:28 am 
Walleye Master

......... ask Grizzly. too funny. what can i say. i like to fish and i dont mind sharing info from my trips.............. welp. ive been to big bay off big island wensday, thuresday, and saturday. cought my limit each day and then some..... ice is ok....... depending on where you drill. ive seen it 3.5 inches. up to about 6 . ive not seen 10 inches of ice anyplace this year but comming from the states we do measure in inches, not centameters!
Seems everyone goes about 400 yards off shore out by the bouy.... me ive cought them 100, 200 300 and 400 yards out to the bouy..........I move around. and drill a new hole when i get tired of the old one... when i catch big perch i dont seem to get walleye. when i catch small perch i seem to pick up a walleye or two......... does that mean anything? . who knows ? ... ive seen a few ATV. out on the ice this week....... i walk.... ive seen a few huts. and they have moved around on the bay. I dont use a hut........ ive cought walleye mostly on silver colred jigs. but did well on copper, and purple this saturday ............ ive gone fishing seeing men already on the ice when i got there............. fished 2 less hours than others but cought the same amount of fish in less time. am I good? am i lucky? are the fish gods on my side? . i like to think all three! ........ im the guy sitting all alone. wearing a red plad hunting coat .... my car is Red with NY plates on it.... stop by and say hello........... Ive met quite a few men out there this year and EVERYONE has been nice. talktive, and very plesant. is it a Canadians good Nature .. or is it the nature of the sport we all love, and enjoy??? . do you need the best pole, the nicest ice hut, the 6,000 ATV to enjoy what you do , and become good at it?? . definatly NOT!! .. The best Bow, dont make you a good Archer. the best gun dont make you a better shot, the best hunting area dont make you the best hunter, the biggest boat dont mean you will catch more fish! ........... its love in what you do. the passion you use, the fact you pay attention to details, and learn from the many mistakes you make along the way... any ive said it before. ANYONE can CATCH Fish when they are biting! ................ you guys should have been here YESTERDAY . man they were really biting YESTERDAY!! . Enjoy, have fun, stay safe!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:30 am 
Minnow

Hey Griz, my Dad and I are heading out on Saturday & Sunday for our first ever ice fishing trip, so first of all thatnks for all the great tips. Secondly, I'll keep an eye out for you in your red plaid coat and will come thank you in person if I spot you. Take care, hopefully we'll see ya on the ice.

banner ad
 Post subject: INFO
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:59 am 
Walleye Angler

Hey Marty,

your rite, pretty quiet!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going out Wed. pm. Will post a report. I guess nobody else is fishing

other than Griz.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:05 pm 
Walleye

Nicely done Grizzly, glad to hear you did well!! Are you done for the season Griz? How bout you Martycoo- whats on your line lately? Getting out this weekend?

banner ad
banner ad