Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:43 am 
Walleye

I'm sure you are all aware that bass season opens this coming saturday. Just thought I would let you all know a lot of my stock is in and a lot more coming this week.
AND NOW FOR THE WEEK ENDING REPORTS
Well it sure looks like the fishing and catching is doing nothing but getting better and better on and around the Bay of Quinte. The reorts and my own experiences are a lot better than I or a lot of other people thought they would be. As most of you are aware of, the pickeral fishing is fantastic this year (exspecially big bay area) . Other areas are producing also and I believe that you could probably start out anywhere you wish and have a great time. The only area that has not done as well is the Trent River area. Most of the fisherpeople that come in to tell their stories from that area tell me that there are fish but scarce and small. I thought I would give it a try myself . The day we went there was only two other boats and hardly anyone on shore. We did get fish but , exactly what we were told. Wonder if that spill last year has anything to do with it.
The salmon and trout fishing has started in a good way out around salmon point and surrounding areas. Looks like all that stocking thats been going on in those areas is starting to pay off. One lady that went out on a charter near Port Hope brought in some pictures for the store and she sure look like she had the time of her life. they caught some 20 plus and a lot of steelies. Other fisherpeople that have come in to give me reports are also having the same kind of luck from wicklow to as far east as the main ducks. Boy I'll tell you this is one way of fishing that I really miss. Hopefully next year I'll have my new boat and get back at it.
Just to let you all know I now carry the walker line of products. From the small hand crank to the tourney electrics. For anyone that is looking for a new downrigger check me out I'm having a sale for the next two weeks .I know you will be pleasently surprised. They have a new reel out this year that I will definatly have on my boat next year. I also have stock for spoon fishing , crank , and fly's.
Have fun be safe and bring everything back that you took with you. ....Ron

banner ad