Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:47 pm 
Baitfish

Paint starting falling off the hull of my brand new Lowe.

We told the dealer about it and he got on the phone for us right away. He talked to a Lowe rep and he assured our salesman that they would take care of us. They Havent. that was late April. We took the boat to the dealer ( 4 hours from home) so the Lowe guy could look at it. That was June 11th. we where originally going to use for the season and then have them paint it in the winter. Well when the Lowe rep saw the big yellow blotch on the side of it he decided it wouldnt be in Lowe's best interest to have it out on the water advertiseing bad paint. So he decided that a local guy from up here to paint it for us right away, and the paint would arrive June 15th. It didnt. we missed that week-end of fishing.

our salesman called them and they said the paint would be there for sure the next tuesday. it didnt. we missed that week-end of fishing ( bass opener here in Ontario). our salesman called them again, next tuesday for sure. it didnt.

It is Canada day week-end and i have no boat for the 3rd week in a row and the lowe poeple wont take our calls or answer our e-mails. The paint has now finally arrived thursday night at 4:30. funny i just got a hold of the lowe guy and now they say if the paint job doesnt take, it is between us the paint manufacturer and the paint guy in Canada.

I smell a rat. if it was up to me i would have my boat with the crappy paint, and they can paint it at the end of the season. they knew they couldnt get the paint here that quick, but they also knew they didnt want that boat on the water( bad advertiseing) so they lied to my salesman. now they are not going to take responsibility for the new paint job.....

I dont know what to do....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:06 am 
Walleye Angler

here in the states, we would take it to the Attorney General, or at least get an attorney involved.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:53 pm 
Minnow

Grimace, sorry to hear about your situation, I can certainly sense and understand your frustration. I just went through a very similar circumstance with a new camper trailer that we bought, used twice -- and it never worked perfectly -- and then had to take it in for service. Long story short, I stuck to my position that they had sold me a defective product and that we would resolve it in one of two ways -- they would fix it ASAP and return it to me in working order at no cost to me, or they woudl cut me a cheque for what I paid for it.

It took some time and a number of rather heated phonecalls, but I did not waiver and they eventually agreed to repair it at no cost once they realized that i was serious and wasn't about to back down.

Good luck, I hope you get your boat back soon and can get fishing. Stick to your guns and don't accept anything other than what you paid for.

Trust me, myself and lots of other folks that might be in the market for a boat in the future will be watching to see how Lowe performs under fire, it probably couldn't hurt to mention that to them.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:45 pm 
Walleye Fry

Grimace, I know what you are going through.I bought a brand new Triton this year and I have had nothing but problems with it. I have cancelled many fishing trips because of it. The dealer I bought it from didn't seem to give a crap about it either. I wonder if its the same place you bought yours? Finally after contacting Triton and explaining the problem, they actually replaced the boat. Maybe you should phone Lowe head office and tell them how you feel. They just might listen.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:39 am 
Walleye Angler

Keep us posted, stay professional and don't give in.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:17 pm 
Walleye

hey grimace hook it on your truck and tell them u want your money back and they might start to take you seriously good luck hope you get back on the water soon.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:11 pm 
Baitfish

Lowe has agreed to get it painted, take responsibility for the paint job, and they are gonna give us 500 smackers for the trouble.

although i have had to rent boats for the last 3 week-ends and 500 smackers doesnt cut it. especially since i was stuck in a tinny on a great big body of water and couldnt really go anywhere.

I also start to work saturdays in late July until christmas and really could have used those 3 weeks in my boat.

banner ad