Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: boq shore fishing
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:05 pm 
Walleye Angler

has anyone been successful shore fishing around the bay of quinte?? I've been out a few times and thrown flies, crankbaits, spinners, spoons, jigs, etc..... not one bite :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:52 pm 
Walleye

Hey hoser,
Was down at Point Anne boat launch one week ago today @ 6:30 am and had a monster pike smash my surface lure 2 feet from shore and broke me off right away. After that the place was doing nothing so I went and fished the old bridge extension out under the Bay Bridge in front of Zwicks (with jigs) and got these.... all were caught before 9:00 am and all were released after a quick photo (all swam away with a lot of energy still in reserve)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:19 am 
Walleye Angler

whoa!!! morning huh?? guess I've been out at the wrong end of the day. :? I'll have to try in the morning then, I bring 2 rods with my bass fishing now, a fly rod and a spinning rod, so I can switch between the 2 every few minutes until one of them gets me something. I'd like to try some carolina rigged tubes on those fish.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:28 pm 
Walleye Angler

try the senko..watermelon, fished wacky stlye....largemouth loooovvvvvvveeeee them.

Daren

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:03 pm 
Walleye Angler

woohoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

just got home a little while ago, decided to go try walleye fishing by the lighthouse at meyers pier tonite, wife got me a headlamp to make things easy for night fishing, 2nd cast with a senko carolina rig and hmmmm, thought I was snagged :? then bzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!! bzzzzzzzzzz!!! had my drag cranked up and thought I had a nice big walleye or pike. nope!! 4lbs smallmouth bass. this is a record for me, beats my one I caught on a fly last year. love the new spinning rod, I've been a fly fishing nut for over a year now but won't leave home for bass fishing without the spinning rod in close reach now that I'm learning all the cool rigs you can do with plastics.
dllm413, I've heard good things about the wacky worm style senko, understand the bass don't see it very much and they just can't say no!! will give it a shot tomorrow night in Frankford. :wink:

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm 
Walleye

meyers pier is one of my favorite spots to fish on shore. pitching plastics into open weed patches all along the shore up to the canteen i caught 3 largemouth all around 3 - 4 lbs and a couple smaller largemouths today sometimes i have luck with pike but i lost the secret black and white bomber spinner bait to a 10 lb one there a few years back and have not had the same luck since. meyers pier holds big bass! i also caught a smaller muskie there about 3 weeks ago.

banner ad