Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:50 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

I've been very busy as of late and haven't had much of a chance to write a report on the 3rd Annual John Mydlinski Memorial Fishing Derby held on August 12th at Bayview Resort.

The Derby was a rousing success with 96 Anglers registering and enjoying the fabulous food prepared by the Campers at Bayview Resort.

Breakfast was at 0600 and all enjoyed the toasted western sandwiches and hot coffee and sweet table.

Yours truly, Superdad was the emcee who welcomed everyone and reviewed the rules and time deadlines.

All the boats were located in front of Bayview Resort for the 0800 blast-off.

With the offical time signal on the 'Superdad' it was time to blast off and head for open water. Many boats went to Kingscourt, some to Thompsons Cove and others to Mallory Bay.

The fishing appeared to be hot as boats all around us were netting fish, we saw one the of the small sheepshead landed - Boy it was small.....

Fishing continued all morning with the weight-in starting at 1130. Weigh Master - Ohio Joe did a super job weighing and making rule decisions.

There were entries in ALL categories, some were really small as they appeared to be an incidental catch - what ever works - works.

Everyone made their way back for the fish fry at 1315 and EVERYONE had their appetites completely filled. What a spread, fish, salad, baked bean, bread,- the whole nine yards.

After the lunch it was time to announce the winners and as mentioned all categories, Pike, Bass and Smallest Sheepshead were awarded.

In the Walleye category, it was a really close race with the winners from the Perfect View Derby( Jackie, Patty & Huey) coming in 2 ounces behind the winners.

The winners were the 3 Amigios, ( Bert Delcloo, John Allick and Superdad). It's the first derby win for the trio who look forward to next years opening derby.

Following the awarding of the cash prizes, all entrants brought their ticket to the prize area and picked up their prize.

It was a pleasure (as a Bayview Camper) to hear the respect paid to the Bayview anglers for winning both derby's this year. We appreciate your kind words Bob.

The afternoon concluded with words of thanks to the contributors of the prizes, Rocky Mountain Recreation, Perfect View Campers, Dew-Drop Inn Tackle and all the campers at Bayview who were out soliciting prizes from their hometowns. These are truly appreciated.

A warm thanks to the owners of Bayview Resort for their support and facilities.

Plans are already under way for next years Mydlinski Memorial Derby and the organizers look forward to another record crowd of anglers.

Thanks to ALL who participated in this years event.

Cheers

David - BayView Resort Camper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:01 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

WOW !
as always excellent report !
oh how i wish i could have been a part of that !
maybe one day ?
blue :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:06 pm 
Walleye Angler

Quote:
What a spread, fish, salad, baked bean, bread,- the whole nine yards.

"What a spread" Indeed!! I hope there was the odd... refreshment to compliment the event.

Great report, wish I was there.

banner ad