Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dock karens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:15 pm 
Walleye

Anyone met any dock karens on the bay? I know of someone who has a motion sensor sprinkler system set up to deter bass fishing under his dock. Needless to say I spend extra time going out of my way to fish it.

Post subject: Re: Dock karens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:29 pm 
Walleye Catcher

There’s a few of them. I’ve ran into probably 8 around the bay. Yes I will always go back and fish the area. Mainly cause I’ve caught fish there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:26 pm 
Walleye

I haven't met any in the bay but I was fishing a Bass tournament on Baptiste a few years back and one cottage owner jumped in his tinner and did circles around my boat because he wanted us to leave the water in front of his property. It was later in the afternoon and I'm guessing there was a number of boats fishing there throughout the day. It was certainly interesting. I just moved to another spot.

Post subject: Dock karens
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:35 am 
Walleye Angler

I’m sure you guys will love this,but I find most of the bass guys cause their own problems.
I see bass guys always wacking parked boats with spinner baits all the time .
That’s why people don’t like you guys!
That and some of you look ridiculous in nascar look alike fishing shirts!

Karen I may be,but I think if somebody smacks my boat I just may put on a Canadian wiggler and cast from my dock right back at you.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:41 am 
Walleye

Some people will go to great lengths to keep anglers away from their dock. The photo is of a boat owner that put up netting to keep guys from bouncing (and scratching) lures off his boat. Up in Muskoka, I heard about a cottager that sunk old mattresses around his dock...with the idea that lures would get snagged in the springs.

Personally, if someone is actually sitting on their dock, I move on. As a cottage/dock owner myself, I respect that if I'm enjoying a coffee or a sundowner on my dock, I don't necessarily want to wince every time somebody skips a jig at my feet. However, if the dock is unoccupied (with people), then all bets are off. As anglers the last thing we want to do is create a us vs. them atmosphere. Just my opinion.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:32 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

As a cottage and bass boat owner, I agree that if there is no one home, the area in front of the cottage including under the dock is fare game. But if there are people at the cottage, especially in the yard or on the dock, fisherman should respect their space and stay well offshore or just move on to the next dock. That is how I fish docks. I hi-tail it away if a Karen comes out of their cottage. You know the look. Signed Mr. KAREN (aka BATMAN)