Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: SAT NOV 04 REPORT
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:44 am 
Guppy

Well not a lot to report other than a great day to be out on the water, put in at Deseronto around 8:30am, ran down to Thompsons, tried all the points, out in the open down into Picton Bay, trolled and trolled and trolled, rinsed off most of my baits and only had one hit that I lost right away, stayed out for a couple hours after dark and nothing. Lots of boats out, can;t say I noticed anyone catching anything, talked to a couple guys who said they were skunked as well, oh well beats sitting in front of the TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:59 am 
Walleye

Depends whats on TV. But it certianly does not beat a good 2 hour work-out at a fitness center. Lets face it, fishing in about the least health benificial exercise one can get. Your health should come before fishing.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:54 am 
Walleye

Actually Stanley fishing is a great workout for all.Not that physical agreed; but is a great way to relieve stress.

With all the stress of our day to day lives its a great way to relax .It is a mental workout and I am sure it keeps some people from depression.

It is great way to meet new friends and a great oppurtunity to spend time with family.

next time you are out use the oars and you will get a physical and mental workout.

Mike the Pike

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:40 am 
Walleye

MikethePike how are things in St.Hubert these days? I used to live next to the Canada Drive In at the corner of Chemin Chambly and Park St. The best fishing was in Quebec. I fished the Richleau River for pike and perch and never came home empty handed (unlike Ontario). The carp in the Chambly Basin were so huge that they were nearly impossible to catch. They usually spooled eveyone reel because they were so strong fighting the current near the rapids. We actually caught them on cigarette butts. And yes when I was growing up we could only rent small wood boats with oars for $3.00 a day. Our family never considered renting an outboard motor because that would drive up the rental cost to $10.00 a day. And here are in this day and age buying recreational fishing boats for $40000+ dollars. But you know what, I would give it all up to go back to those days of simplicity. Salut mon ami! A la prochen!

banner ad
 Post subject: Chambly Canal
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:18 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Hey Mike the Pike and Stanley20footer,

In the 50's my parents and I used to come from the east end of Montreal and fish the Chambly Canal ( I think it was the locks around the rapids).

Used to picnic and catch, rock bass and perch.

They were good days

I've got more fish in Ontario than I used to catch in Quebec - funny LaVerandre was good fishing BUT so far from Montreal, Quinte was only 3.5 hrs and the road was flat.

The good old days were good but today is better - IMHO.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:58 am 
Walleye

yes superdad these days fishing in Ontario is my favorite place ,I agree I would rather tow my boat for 4 hours on the 401 on cruise contol flat and straight than climb and climb up hill to northern Quebec.There is great fishing in Northern Quebec if you want to Drive 6.5 hours to Gouin Reservoir but lots of rocks not good for the prop.So thats why I like the BOQ.

Last winter I took my son 7 and my daughter 9 to Lake simcoe .The best perch fishing ever and my kids would not quit with non stop action.nice size perch.

alot of you folks used to live in Montreal .I will move to the BOQ when I retire in 24 years. Mike the Pike

PS.Musky fishing in Montreal is amazing.

banner ad
 Post subject: perch fishing
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:50 pm 
Perch

hey mike the pike,,,,if you like perch fishing,,kingston is super,,,the last 3 years we have been coming up in july.an man,,jumbo perch this past year we had some 14"ers,,an last year we had one at 16,,,an so easy to cautch them,,an a boat ramp right in town,,,ok just wanted to tell ya about it

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:56 pm 
Walleye

Yes I would like to bring the kids this summer .are you fishing on the St.Lawrence.Mike

banner ad
banner ad