Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have one more weekend of planned ice fishing left in this season,

After that, Im fairly sure i'm done for the hardwater.

I had a great season, although it was short, I Iced many pike, Only Caught my first perch just last week.
Unfortunatly in my bay the eyes, might be more like platinum.
You never find it but if you did, It would be worth 100 thousand dollars.

once this weekend has passed ill Get my bestest pics posted,

I will have to leave you all with this one though.

It Is the first bowfin i have ever seen or held.

for me, This will be my most memorable for the 2011/2012 season..

~Jeremy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:10 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Great idea for a post. Its been a tough fall/winter from constant high winds warmer temps and bad ice it has made it a challenge for anyone out there. For me there is two highlights. The first is a special afternoon i spent out on the lake in late summer with a buddy and my son,

We recently moved to haybay and he spent most days casting off the dock catching panfish and loving it. So when we got a good day to try the lake i jumped all over it to try and show him trolling can be fun..... Lol we had success and he hit his new pb at 8.9 lbs at 6 yrs old.... Suffice to say he's wrecked!

The second event comes from one of my last days on the water in Dec. My daughter had just turned ten and wanted to get a bigger fish than her brother for her bday, well we headed out on a frigid Dec morning after letting her play hooky. .. Only to get a call from her mother at about 830 am saying I had to have her back to school by noon cause she was receiving a special award that she didn't know about.... Well as if there wasn't enough pressure already of getting her a bigger fish than her brother but now we had a time limit.... I looked at my friend Greg and said well no pressure but we have an hr and a half to pop a big one..... Mins later a board fires and 30 sec in we lose it! !! We double back over he spot and drop my luck bait out and bang fish on! She fights it all by herself and lands a 11 lbr. ... Mission accomplished but wait boom another rod fires she jumps at it and lands another just over 10.5! We pull lines and run her back to the docks to get picked up for the assembly at school. Two great memories to go along with a season full of highlights.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk

Facebook: http://facebook.com/trophywalleye
Twitter: @pbandjcharters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 am 
Walleye Master

What a cool thred Jeremy. man its so hard to choose the best of the best because they are all good memmories.
Ill add a few. First is a day i had with some GREAT friends over the summer what a time it was to share a relaxing day on the water, with active fish and hours of story telling.

This fish was cought while spending a day out with the Walleye Wizzard...... we cought so many pike this day you would have to be there to believe it .A kinda of day most guys can only dream of, and a day no one would ever forget.

I could keep going here , but ill wrap it up with this last one, I have always dreamed about fishing a musky having never really targeted them and know so very little about them I was able to hook up with Bill (Trophy Hunter) and on our second try I was able to land this beauty, what a good time and I really do feel very lucky to catch the fish of a 1000 casts with such little effort on my part..... its not a St Larance Giant but a very nice musky just the same and i now have a bar set with one to beat and God and Trophy Hunter willing beat it I shall in the years to come!

Happy fishing guys , my your outtings be full of good memmories, and some of your dreams be fulfilled...Grizz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:39 am 
Walleye Master

Great thread for sure Jeremy...

I had such an amazing year of fishing with good friends. Tough to even narrow it down to top 5. That said here are a couple that really stand out.

First highlight in no particular order was my new PB set aboard PB&J with Joe. A nice 12lb 5oz eye.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How about a January 31st troll aboard the Wooldridge with Captain Scott Walcott!

My first trip Salmon Fishing in my boat with a good friend. We went 6/6 in 2.5 hrs of fishing. This was one of the fish.

The late summer fishing on the Big Lake shoals. So many good days!

I also managed my first Muskie. Was caught on a medium spinning rod as I was trolling a worm harness on rice lake...

And lastly was my PB through the hardwater (11lb 15oz) which started the year off last January.

Im very lucky to have such great friends who let me tag along... Thanks to Joe (PB&J Charters), Scott (Bay of Quinte Charters), Jeff (Quinte Ice Fishing Team) and Ashley (Shelovestofish.com)

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:11 pm 
Walleye Master

Here are a just a few from this season.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

For eyes this year in terms of success it has to be Dec 23rd, with a limit of various sized eyes, with the biggest right around 7lbs.
Attachment:
limit.jpg

Attachment:
2 wall.jpg

Two of my favorite days out were the battle of the bay and fishing the may Walleye open with team Chasineyes.

But overall my most memorable was this summer day out with FishnGolfPro & Soggy D:
Attachment:
Muskie close sm.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 pm 
Walleye Angler

As far as this ice season on quinte goes, it was horribly disappointing. I die all year waiting to ice fish long reach and this year I only got out on it two weekends. Usually I'm on it every weekend but not this year due to the pathetic winter we had. I am extremely disappointed and will be fearing a repeat, of this warm winter, for the rest of the year.
Those who are like me and only fish long reach no that big bay and hay bay just doesn't cut it. I know big bay is great and all for some people (particularly those with atvs) but it doesn't come close to the fairly short walk out on the reach and the tons of fish that swim thou that narrow stretch of water all the time.
Anyway I hope others enjoyed our short ice season a lot more than I did.
Here's hoping for a cold winter next year, bubblebuster signing out

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 pm 
Walleye Angler

amazing pictures everyone,

And This here was My Frenchmans Bay Hardwater best this year

About the 11 pound mark......

Saw alot of rods and reels get puled through the ice this year, quite humorable.

Soft water season is upon us....

~Jeremy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:37 am 
Perch

Here`s my PB for the ice season, caugImageht just north of Kingston on a back lake, my best ever and on my last trip yesterday. 16 plus lbs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:47 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Great topic and story's guys. Mine this year was taking a week and icefishing white lake area. Got to hit some amazing real back lakes ( 112 km off the diamond exploration rds ) and had a blast fishing trophy trout in 1.5 fow. Just being up that way in winter was an experience il never forget.

This was also a great year for me on rice lake. I finally got the crappie figured out and didn't get skunked once.

Also broke my pb perch twice with a 14 and 14.5 inch

I wish I could have hit quinte more this winter, I've only had two days off since Jan 16ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:50 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Also got this just for Gizzly coaster specks in aug and had the pic put in ood biggest 5.6 lbs 28 inchesImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:21 pm 
Walleye Master

Definitley my moose with the bow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 am 
Walleye Angler

Well, along with the Battle on the Bay, this was a lot of fun.

As far as most memorable goes, this pre-fishing near-miss coffee-spiller sure was a hair raiser for Dan and I.

Maple

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:02 pm 
Walleye Master

My most memorable moment on the ice this year has to be when the wife (Wendy) pulled this 36" ski through the ice in our new back yard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:59 pm 
Walleye Master

one fish I caught stands above all the rest.

banner ad