Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: huff's ice
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:04 am 
Walleye Catcher

Thanks Matt, really turning into an "old boys club" around here, if you are not in the cliche, your observations are irrelevant and worthy of mockery. We need to get out fishing together soon, I have been fishing a couple of back lakes with some success, I'll PM you my new number.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:17 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Rob , this type of thing happens all the time , some people just like to stir it up , but i don't really see it as a "old boys club" All posts with tips tricks and reports are welcome , There will always be someone who cry's foul don't let it get to you , if you want to get involved with the core group who fish together come out and join us for some laughs , Matt can tell you it's a pretty good bunch of guys :D Good luck and good fishing

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 am 
Walleye

Thanks for all the info guys, ill be heading out thursday hopefully as it seems to be getting colder!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:26 am 
Perch

This reply is a double reply. I called Sophiasburgh Township office regarding Short Quick Road access. They informed me that this area is now private property and cannot be used as a public boat launch. GREAT!!!! Huff's Road parking. I spoke to a lady at the township office by the name of Wendy. She informed me that they do not ticket vehicles unless they get a complaint. So guys, lets PARK PROPERLY, not offend anyone living in that area and CLEAN UP YOUR COFFEE, DRINK andany other containers, that you may have. This is a great spot to fish from let's respect it . Thanks that's my two cents worth.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 am 
Walleye Catcher

Hey Trophy hunter, sounds good, have just been talking to Matt and have been making some plans, hope to see you out there.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:53 am 
Guppy

Hey guys, kinda confused about huff's....

Tried to go out there last year, but didn't see where everyone was parking. Here's a map of the area I think you're talking about....

We drove down that road (Huffs Island Road) and made it to those homes, but I'm fairly certain there was a gate stopping us from going past the homes....didn't see anywhere to park and there was still a few hundred feet of what looked like dead marsh to cross before getting to the ice....is this the area you guys are calling 'huffs' or am I way off, haha....

Any help would be great, thanks!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Way off. Huffs is on long reach prolly about 30-40km by road from where you were lol

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 am 
Site Admin

okay i looked at yor map and that is not the huffs road everyone is talking about. Pull up google maps and zoom in on long reach and then look for Huffs Warf

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:25 am 
Guppy

Oh wow, way off, hahaha, thanks!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:59 am 
Walleye Master

Ice reports always kill me lol ....... i mean is great to give them but on the other hand you have guys who live 1 klm from the ice and dont report or post a post asking how is the ice basically because they are too lazy to go look for there selfs.......... then you have guys who will report crappy thin ice but then come back and say they were fishing in the same area maybe its to keep the pressure down so they can find a place to park......... i laughed at muds post i wasnt laughing at him rather with him, i remember watching a guy check the ice by jumping on it lol no spud just went out stomping on the ice every few yards lol like what was he thinking?? .......... often being first one out sucks cause guys will follow you right out i guess they figure if he dont fall in then ill just stay behind him and since he is going first he must know where all the fish are lol ......... I post on this board alot does this make me one of the good old boys ?? i will tell you this i could give a flip what men post here sure dont mean im just gonna believe them or take what they say as gospel , if you really want to know its best to go find out for yourself...... and yes it sucks to be out of town but ask yourself why people arnt posting what little safe ice there is out there........ my guess is its because they dont want half the people surfing this board all fishing on one spot because its the only safe ice out there......... now about the parking.......... humm the no parking signs on huffs look pretty offical to me so i guess if they want to hand out tickets they will, and quick short if its privatly owned then why and the hell does the road get plowed by the county truck ?? i know i have to shovle out my own driveway . i think a good complaint can be lodged on that one eh! happy fishing guys stay safe, and remember THIS IS THE INTERNET!!!!

banner ad
 Post subject: huff's ice
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

Tryhard wrote:
This reply is a double reply. I called Sophiasburgh Township office regarding Short Quick Road access. They informed me that this area is now private property and cannot be used as a public boat launch. GREAT!!!! Huff's Road parking. I spoke to a lady at the township office by the name of Wendy. She informed me that they do not ticket vehicles unless they get a complaint. So guys, lets PARK PROPERLY, not offend anyone living in that area and CLEAN UP YOUR COFFEE, DRINK andany other containers, that you may have. This is a great spot to fish from let's respect it . Thanks that's my two cents worth.

quick short has always been private but maybe now they r going to enforce it?

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:04 pm 
Walleye Master

i dont think quick short is private, it is listed on the county map as a public boat launch though there has never been a dock there that i know of check the county map its listed as a county launch so unless the county sold the land i do not think it is or has ever been private also a reason why the county plows that road

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:11 pm 
Walleye Master

ok i just looked at my county map i have one from 2002 and its listed as a boat launch and my 2010 map does not list it, i find that strange but just had to put that out there

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:33 pm 
Walleye

Ya I measured it guess we werent fishing in the same spot like i said in my post it might be 5" one spot and 2" somewhere else maybe my area was in a higher current zone i donno didn't think people were gonna get upset that I was posting what I was on out there sorry if i offended you eves but if someone thinks there is 5" out there then next thing you see will be an ATV on the ice

sorry im not one of the "good old boys" didn't know you needed street cred to share your opinion glad i don't take the boards to seriously

Be safe I'm sure i will see some of you on the ice

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:10 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Well folks started at Dez this Am, off Mill street 4 perch, ice 2-4 in. and lots of broken ice. Moved to Huffs and were suprised to see people out there, spudded our way out left of the ramp and about 1/2 way accross 32 FOW, 2 nice fish 7 & 4 on Mr C. Noon bite left about 2 PM, on the way back ice was watering up bad and deteriorating quickly would not suggest going out there till significant cold weather happens.

banner ad