Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 am 
Walleye Catcher

myot wrote:
We were at the launch at the same time as you and yes the parking spot move was classic tool move for sure

Yep, I was hoping one of the other guys there were going to take 'his' spot when he pulled out to put his boat in

JimW wrote:
What was the condition of the Adolphustown ferry launch like? I will be heading down in 2 weeks and would prefer to launch there.

I'd say it was pretty good. Water's low, but the ramp is decent still, it's rocky and looks like someone put a fresh load of gravel in there too. You'll have to back in quite a ways and getting off the peir onto the boat is a stretch for a 6' tall guy, but it's do-able. From what I've been hearing it's in better shape than some of the other launches.

FishNGolfPRO wrote:
I think I know what you are talking about. There was a guy that double parked in front of the 3 spots at the ferry.

Nope, that wasn't it - that guy parked in front of the guy I'm referring to. I wish that guy had've blocked that red F150 in...but he didn't.

Again, I probably should've not said anything, but crazy headache updates are an important part of the fishing report IMO. Get there early doesn't always mean you can park at the launch.

Nov 4:

Hit the water late, hoping to stay for the dusk bite. Launched around 9:30am, the morning rush was over :D Trolled adolphus reach in 55-85 fow with 4 rods out. Ran a variety of reef runners, tail dancers and the obligatory spoon on dipsy. Didn't mark much bait or fish compared to recent outings. Didn't see anyone boat one, but there were much less boats in the reach on Sunday. Had some motor problems so had to cut the day short around 3:00. JJZ managed on beautiful rainbow on a barbie coloured reef runner, and I managed to mangle the tip of my shimano trolling rod and snap the tip off my favorite abu rod :evil: Not my best day on the water, but you gotta take the bad with the good. I'll be back out there in 2 weeks. Water temp was avg. 51 degrees.

banner ad