Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:08 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Stoty wrote:
I hear ya man! I was out full days Sat & Sun and we only managed 3 fish (two of three being under 2lbs) in three full days trolling. It was extremely tough out there. We marked unreal amounts of bait and fish, but nothing wanted to cooperate. Hopefully the cooler weather moving in will turn things on a little more!

Is it just me or is it very odd that MOST people have been skunked or landed a fish or two over the course of the same time when others (apparently) caught like 20+ fish?! Hmmm...... sounds a little like "padding the totals" to me. :lol:

Isn't that always the way though Stoty?? I know what I'm gonna do since none of Y'all are catchin' fish....... I'm gonna call The HodgeMeister......He's the only one that's on the ball. :wink:

Ass Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:44 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Hmmmm really! I jus booked that same cottage for this coming weekend! Really hope the cold snap helps out this week. Shows it getting colder each day up to next weekend. Can only hope! Lol not the news I wanna hear tho after booking a cottage! Oh well still be fun getting out an tryn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:17 pm 
Goby

Hey Lads don't forget the loon that we almost caught on the planner board could have been a good 5ibs :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 pm 
Goby

out a couple weeks ago seems that the water is still pretty warm. We were only catching fish on our lead core rigs 3 colors with 50ft of mono in front of our lead core. We trolled the deep pocket just west of the Glenora Ferry on the south side of the reach in about 120 to 154 ft range marked lots of suspended fish caught 3 all over 7 pounds but no pig monkey. I have had all my best luck when the wind is out of the south. And I find the colder the water temps get the better the fishing is and i Find fish further west past the Glenora Ferry I go?.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 pm 
Goby

I cant count the days I have been skunked out on the bay but the good days have out nubered the bad. I know how much it sucks counting the days till your big day on the bay, you spend a few hundred in planer boards a few new tail dancers and reef runners yozuri what ever your flavour you make the drive to Picton Pay for a motel get up at the crack of dawn fish for hours freeze your *uts off and no pig monkey walleye. But if you put your time out there you will eventually catch one the many huge Bay of Quinte monsters during there fall migration.

Fish Hard

banner ad