Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:42 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Ok obviously my opinion on this subject is somewhat "tainted" but here's my observations.

A.
how do I tell clients we can't run a line for each of them that are paying because I'm in a "small" area

B
Hay bay is not a small area by any means.. Are there tight spots? Yes but if everyone is confident in their ability to run a boat and their spread, # of lines shouldn't be an issue.

C
I've had jigging boats come and anchor 30 yrds infront of me while I'm on a line... Does that mean no one should jig when trollers are around?

D
Most common problem I see is several charter and non charter boats will troll similar lines as Paul referenced and then you get one or two that want to totally go against the grain and that's where problems start to occur.

6 lines inside haybay can be done effectively and respectfully. It can also be done without a care in the world as can as little as 3 lines. It has nothing to do with charter boats or # of lines in my opinion it's all about respect and common courtesy.

Facebook: http://facebook.com/trophywalleye
Twitter: @pbandjcharters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:46 pm 
Guppy

redmandant wrote:
This time of year planer boards are great, and usually the traffic is low so it dosent bother anyone. But the jerk this spring that came right in on us while we were drifting SP and then yelling at us to get out of the way, thats just ignorant...

I'll be heading down sunday and if there is little traffic, I will be running the planers...

RED

That was what happened to us as well, and that's why I was asking this. Their unfriendly yelling made one wonder if they owned the Bay. By the way, we were drifting & jigging

Last edited by wsuo on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:49 pm 
Walleye Master

When in Rome do as the Romans do. if your not from Rome, but are in Rome then watch the Romans lol then do as they do you cant go wrong........ what i see as a rule is one boat brings another and 2 boats bring more simply because people feel if thats where the boats are then that must be where all the fish are .... haha thats not the case so it becomes a cluster &%@* and no one catches fish .......... most the charter guys i know out there try to get away from a pack not flock to one yet on the other hand people will flock to a charter boat thinking they always know where the fish are . bottom line is a little common sence goes a long wayand if you really want the answer the pay attention to the red light green light rule to safe boating and in that lies the true answer.
Play safe, have fun.

banner ad
banner ad