All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Fishing Etiquette
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:04 pm 
Perch

Well said Grizzly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:16 pm 
Walleye Master

Chris. speaking as an old fart I gotta tell you man. you are really out there brother lol you kill me sometimes lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:10 am 
Walleye

WalleyeWonder wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
Chris. speaking as an old fart I gotta tell you man. you are really out there brother lol you kill me sometimes lol[

Keep poking and find out how "out there" I really am. It only seems to be a small group of guys on here that have an issue with anything I say. I say show respect and don't crowd.... followed by every ones favorite immigrant arguing the opposite point, and making me look like some kind of maniac for warning of physical response to what I see as disrespect. Geez ....a fight to solve 2 mens differences?... no guns, knives, gangs.... just an issue sorting fight. I have my view, the other guy has his view.... Im not going to bend or fold on my position..... neither is he.... what other option is there?..... if neither will compromise?..... It's not meant as a threat... just a warning that's how I will deal with the situation. No point commenting or making cartoons about it...... I would love if all the people I help out and share my spots with, and fish with as friends on a regular basis.... would every now and then show Im not a bad guy at all.... just demand respect in certain circumstances.

Where I grew up, respect is everything

Jails and prisons are full of people who use force/violence to "enforce" their own version of respect. It's a public place dude, you probably shouldn't try to enforce your own set or rules and values there. I think it would be terrible if the only Quinte you got to see was Quinte Detention Centre because someone fished too close to you. Not really worth it in my view. But hey, more bay for me if you are locked up.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:05 am 
Jumbo Perch

Here's a crazy trick I've been doing for years if it gets crowded, noisy, or uncomfortable, I just pack up and move to a different spot. It's been working well for years, but then again I really don't get bent out of shape if a few other fishers want to enjoy the day with me. To get in fist fights, arguments and all worked up over other fishers is not my idea of enjoyment. Relax enjoy the day, make a few new friends, work together and get the bite going, if you don't get any so what, it's just fish'in

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:59 pm 
Walleye Angler

Chris I just got done reading your last submission, disregard my last cartoon! hahahaGary
PS, Grizz....that is funny and you know you are "our favorite immigrant"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:28 pm 
Walleye Angler

Chris I have never met just read some of your posts , sometimes a interesting read.....you remind me a lot of my nephew .....and that's not all bad ..lol I get you want space ....but there are lots of guys that like to fish together and have a good time ....I think you seem to want that but only on your terms ...If you have had a problem with a certain guy on the board , then deal will that guy accordingly....but don't lump everybody together ,...if you had a bad experience with one person doesn't mean it will be the same with the next ......I think just do what your doing ...don't change anything except the violent tone that you give off sometimes .....and remember it's a big bay theres room for everybody ....and everybody has a diffrent set of rules and we all have our own code of ethics...we just have to all try to get along

Anyway just my thoughts maybe I will meet you out fishing sometime....... good fishing

Terry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:44 pm 
Walleye Master

you need to relax chris acccuzzzz you are getting some sort of complex people are picking on you......... actually I get a feeling most people wanna stay the heck away from you out of fear they will get punched my bay I go where ever I please and you have never had an issue with me on the ice. I always walk the other direction when I see you because I can read here you don't like company , I never wanted to bother you while you are fishing but you have always seemed friendly in the parking lot I have never had an issue with you out there only in here on the board you are a different man than you are out there on the ice. I like the chris on the ice guy much better than the big tough macho chris on the internet . do us all a favor when you come to the board, be the friendly chris on the ice guy. im 100% positive the guys here would like you a lot better . if they saw that side of you... now take that for what its worth bud.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:42 pm 
Walleye

Chris man you should know the old saying by now "if you post it, they will come!" Lots of good pics gets you lots of bad attention. The wolf pack starts to close in. Just fish and enjoy it and save those pics up for a highlight reel report at the end of the season! Cheers bud and keep nailing em!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:13 pm 
Walleye Master

Chris I have never once said a thing about your pictures...... ive never commented about you wanting to be left alone you just think I have . now I have commented on you punching people in the nose . mine or anyone elses nose. im getting a lil tired of hearing you say that you go back and read all the posts I say what I say and mean what I say you may not always agree with me that's cool but you have now decided im picking on you that's your issue bud.
by the way. congrats on the 49 fish over 12 inches I have been working so hard lately ive only been able to fish the bay 2 times and all I could come up with was 16 over 12 inches im not sure you could fish with my circle of friends bud because to us its all about serious heavy ball busting fun and we sometimes catch a fish or two lol ...... Rock on Chris. enjoy the fishing, I mean no harm to you bud try to relax a bit .. your favorite immigrant.. Grizz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:45 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

W.W. you should have no problem walking 2 kms in those NIKE boots you wear out there!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:58 pm 
Walleye Master

All I can say is I don't have a circle of friends to fish with so I don't have to worry about meeting their standards or qualifying to be part of their group and that suits me just fine. Also I would never think about walking up to a guy and camping next to him unless invited or made to feel welcome because where I come from and the way I was raised this is just not very respectful to a fellow angler. There are times where it is just real crowded and you have to share space so no problem with that as it can often lead to some new friendships being made and some fun times. I think the Battle of the Bay proves that. Lots of guys on here have blacked out the shoreline to try and keep a spot to themselves and I don't care one way or another because I follow no one. I have way too much fun trying to be a trend setter rather than a trend follower so I am often off by myself and I don't bother people and they don't need to panic if I go down lol. All in all boys it is a great thing we share so try not to let it get the best of you and most of all keep it fun because when it becomes a pain in your butt the party is over.... Carry On... Fred...

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

banner ad