Resorts
Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:13 am 
Perch

furious from Napanee ,are you kidding me ,(FURIOUS ),did the truth hurt you.to call us hater's that must mean that you're on welfare or a indian yourself.you know what i say ,government grow a pair of balls,go to a grocery store buy your food ,everyone stop spearing or poaching,clean up our waters for our future and protect the wildlife.then maybe one day i don't have to come on here and fight with uneducated people that can't see what's being done to our resoures.REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BOQ IN THE ,90'S .NETTING,SPEARING ZEBRA MUSSLES NO PICKERAL FOR A LONG TIME,HURT THE TOURIST BUSINESS AND FISHERY BUT I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU (smart people lol)ABOUT THAT. REMEMBER I GREW UP ON THE BAY ,I SPENT MORE HOURS ON THAT BAY IN 23YEARS THAN PEOPLE TWICE MY AGE SO I KNOW .AND IT PISSES ME OFF PEOPLE COME ON THESE SITE'S THAT HAVE NO CLUE.
Remember that my best friend is Native and so were my friends growing up..and like I said who is to say that we are not.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:03 pm 
Walleye Master

Haber, who are you to come out here bitching and complaing and name calling all the members on this site that have a little bit of a different view. i don't think you first post was bad, it was your wifes post that started all this *** so just keep her off your account. it is discusting and i think mike is taking a step in the right direction. BTW your in Saskatchewan now so its not your problem so stay the hell out of it. who are you to call FURIOUS a welfare indian? you have a total of 8 posts so you don't have that much credit on the site yet and to be bashing long time members your gonna catch alot of flack FYI.

Dave

P.S. I'm not an Indian on welfare FYI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:19 pm 
Walleye Master

Now Now Davie. let the man have his say. its apparent he is homesick . im sure he didnt do much to help the situation when he lived here. and now he dosent he can complain and think people really care what he has to say....... he should re-read Martycoo's fist post again. I think he only read every other word and got hung up on the word fisherman........... Huber you said it yourself its hard to find a true 100% Native so Fishermen or fisher people definatly fits better than simple Native Bashing yadda yadda yadda..... OLD NEWS. OLDER TOPIC!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:03 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Haber wrote:
I have no idea who you are, but don't worry about the mayor, he can't do any thing. It's our god damm government! They're indian lover's. The white people of this country need to grow a pair of ball's and step up to this government and say "No more". I grew up on the bay and lived by a reserve, yes it is b.s that they still spear fish, this is 2010 go to a store and buy some fish. There is no need for spearing, plus you show me a full blooded indian any more, they're all half breeds or even less than that. For you to say any thing about fisherman & how they don't care about the environment -- You are wrong, we care about it more than anyone else. You don't think the garbage is from everyday life or people walking or biking on these trail's. Here's an idea, phone up the mayor and tell him to put the welfare, inmates and anyone that doesn't want to work out there cleaning up these messes, and work for their free money. Oh yeah he can't even do that. Great idea but you will never see that either, so don't say anything about us fishermen, worry about yourself. We now live in this hell hole of Canada called Saskatchewan, just be thankful you don't live out here. 55% indians & 50% don't want to work, 100 yrs behind the rest of Canada, and retards with thing's called cars(can't drive worth a @#@$) & yes it is 55% of indians.
Also, let me just advise you that Fisherman don't spear and leave messes...Poachers do! And poachers are what Indians are! So maybe...just maybe if you can put two and two together, Fisherman clean up after themselves, but why would people who Poach bother to clean up their messes???

did you really just say all that? wow.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:09 pm 
Walleye

I thought the same thing Matt. I'm really trying hard to stay out of this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:12 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

lol... bet he wouldnt be actin like that out on the ice in deseronto :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:13 pm 
Walleye

matdbz29 wrote:
lol... bet he wouldnt be actin like that out on the ice in deseronto :)

HAHA for real!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:36 am 
Guppy

Obviously the pickeral spearing during the spawn has all of us fisherpeople (?) pissed off, myself included. We all lose in the end. The Natives doing it lose all respectability, and if they actually want to get themselves , and their future , to a better place , then they should end this madness -maybe the government would pay a little more attention to them, and we would too. Stopping a bad practice of this "exibiting their rights" would be a great start, and could change the bad face they are showing right now to the entire community of conservationists, whatever that entails.
No-one has the right to ruin a fishery, and that's happening right now ( Easter Sunday). I invite everybody to go down to Coleman St,Belleville, after dark, below Bridge st. to-night, and see what our good Native friends are up to. Then voice your opinion somewhere, because turning a blind eye to this bull s... will never get it stopped. Take a camera, and don't let them intimidate you like they tried with me. You are on public city property there, not on a reservation.
Wiener.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:36 am 
Perch

if any of you have a education higher than grade 2 and can read go back to the first post and i will quote what was said.-(all fishermanshould be compelled to clean up any signs of their activity) ,(blood from someone spearing fish the night before),(having a designated area for spearing)sounds like it's ok to spear to me.shouldn't have posted this in the first place thinking that the major can do something ,come on people.for the fisherboy,you're from wellington-grizzly you're from the states- purple ghost from whiby you have no say because they don't do it in your back yard ,when they do your attitude will change and then you will writing me saying you were right.matdtb i did say that and wiener back in the 90's a bunch of us did get it on with the indian's but that wasn't published or on the news AND thanx for agreeing with some of my comments.here is something you rednecks don't know is that there is a great man on the reserve that raises pickeral fingerlings at a location and when he released them a few years ago he got beat up by his own kind and had death threats,didn't know that did ya.like i said before that i spent more hours on that bay than people 2x my age ,it was my familly and best friends(indians) that started the fall fishing craz in the early 90's no one fished that time of the year because they were "huntin" .before i leave just because i don't post anything doesn't mean i dont't go on here ,every #%$@ day i go on,i don't live there any more so why ask ?'s -if most of you can get your mind around that. seems like i ruffled some feathers becareful before some of you have a stroke,yes truth hurts alot of people i know.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 am 
Walleye Master

just because i don't live in belleville doesn't mean i don't go there. there close enough to my back yard. i am totally against spearing. if there was something i could do to stop it i'd do it.

dave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:23 am 
Perch

like i said in my last posting we did something in the 90's .what we need to do is protest like they do,shut everything down.there is more of us then there is of them.block every river off that they spear in,and make the sales of spears illegal.just because i don't live ther any more ,it's still home.don't say you can't do anything ,do realize how many fisherman there is out there ,if we all got together on a certain day and protested i bet someone would hear.the sportsman show organizers,fishing clubs ,ofah members should organize something ,then watch people come out. the polluting of water and poaching,it all affects us like i said before look what happened to the fisheries in the 90's.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:25 am 
Walleye Master

Hey Haber......... where I am from has very little to do with whats right and whats wrong........ whats right is people voicing your oppinions, as you have here. no biggy whats wrong is attacking someone for also having an oppinion what you also have done...... you had a big fight back in the 90's/ check it out its now 2010. and its still an issue. and you attack someone and call them a native lover, or potentual pocher as you like to call them because they ask the city officials to at least put some controul on a thing that apparently cant, wont, and quite possibably NEVER will change! ... I am a fisherman, and I do care, but i also know better than to Piss in the wind. thats just what you have done by basically attacking someone for voicing an oppinion and trying to help the situation at least in part. is that not good enough for you?? ........ I think I can speak for most that we all hear you. and even agree with you in many ways but also have seen it all and heared it all for years and with each new spring comes redundant Native Bashing that does little to no good at all. all it really does is raise your blood pressure and makes you look quite simple minded by ranting, and raving year after year after year with NO RESULTS.... this might be a new approch on things and one would think you would applaud it not condem it as you have done........ and for the record I went thru 1st grade 3 times and got my grade 12 so this means I have a better education than you do . right!! . ok that was just a joke. I hope it made you laugh a bit. you need to lighten up dude......... we really are fighting for the same thing here, just it might not be YOUR usual strong arm take them out back and beat them up attatude. that apparently didnt work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:03 pm 
Perch

grizz i did get a little chuckel out your comments and if Canadians protested like Americans we would get something done .protesting over health care ,abunch of us laugh's ,are you kidding me ( health care) something that will help people out.have you ever used our health care system,it is slow but it is free.and if you really read the origainal post and further comments i'm sticking up for the fisherman.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:22 pm 
Walleye

Haber I think you just need to go fishing more!! LOL
Chill out dude!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:40 pm 
Walleye Master

haber. yep bud I read your fist post even read it a few times just to be sure i understood what I read. some i got, some I did not...... and ill even stick up for you as I think I have done....... I think you just showed a passion and a displeasure about the whole spearing issue but didnt realize what Mike (Martycoo) was trying to do or say........ he didnt want to use the words indian or even native.... we all know who does the spearing so no finger needed to be pointed....... he was complaining about the mess left behind...... even then he didnt point a finger and even included a fisherman as an example........ and he is right, there is good and bad in everything...... hate to say it but even bad fishermen buddy....... Mike is pretty hard core when it comes to his fishing,,,,, and I have witnessed him MORE THAN ONCE pick up other peoples crap left out on the ice and parking areas and yes. they were left from uncaring fishermen. it is an issue he lumped in with a bloody walkway in the beautiful city of belleville probably once again so it would not sound like an ATTACK on the natives and blame them for everything such as garbage thats left by people weather they be a native, a crackhead, a wino, or a fisherman. bottom line is it really does suck when we see something we dont like, and there is many actions a person could take, and it always has to start someplace. Feel free to voice your oppinions or consurns here anytime just dont be supprized when each and everyone dont see it quite the same as you do and call you on it........ its all good if you ask me, this is how we actually learn once we are done with school the real lessons of life begin!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
banner ad