Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:25 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:37 pm 
Walleye

Quote:
But pissing away 1.1B in such an irrespsonsible manner, some heads need to roll. And, all this as the Liberals work to slowly apply the knife to MNR budgets and staff. Yes, it's criminal.

This.

All of Dalton Mcguilty's personal and business assets and those of any others involved should immediately be seized pending the outcome of this debacle. The Ontario tax payers should get at least some of their $ back from these bandits.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:21 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Correction on the last post. It was an average gross income of $60,000 year over year.

I've never been one to shy away from confronting someone to offer alternatives to their actions if and when I have felt the need to do so but until we move our asses en mass and march those bastards out of our lives I will not do any more than that.

I would love to run into that misguided, narrow minded, self serving, incompetent piece of $#!T in the streets so I could give him a piece of my mind and lose my boot up his pompous ass.

Fisheries isn't the only aspect of life in Ontario that WILL suffer for the crimes those crooks have perpetrated but it will indeed suffer. Instead of being a rat why don't we get together and call the real rats out? Just a thought. Or should I shut up and practice my Basket Weaving techniques?

Anyway this is the last Ill say on this. We better stand the hell up for something instead of continually lying down for everything because the ultimate casualty will be our freedom and thats worth a lot more to me than a paltry $4700 piece of cheese used to enlist more rats.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:56 am 
Walleye

Quote:
Anyway this is the last Ill say on this. We better stand the hell up for something instead of continually lying down for everything because the ultimate casualty will be our freedom and thats worth a lot more to me than a paltry $4700 piece of cheese used to enlist more rats.

Dude, you have been demanding that there be action but you seem to be waiting for someone else to do something. Why don't you channel your anger into some action of your own. Just p**sing and moaning on this site that people should pony up and take as stand is no stand at all. If you set something up, maybe you'll get the replies your looking for. Otherwise, you give the appearance that you are acting in the exact manner you claim to detest, doing NOTHING. Propose something worth while and I just might be your second.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:35 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

You're absolutely right. To tell you the truth I don't have much faith in humanity to expect being backed up so I'll just piss and moan but I at least have a pulse enough to do so. When I think about maybe starting something I think of the poor bastard a few weeks back that tried to start a movement and even had AM 640's Billy Carrol plug his cause and what did folks do? Left him hanging in the breeze. No thanks.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:52 pm 
Walleye Catcher

WalleyeWonder wrote:

That's the guy, that's him!...

:?: What? That's assmokey?

Billy Dee wrote:
Quote:

Dude, you have been demanding that there be action but you seem to be waiting for someone else to do something. Why don't you channel your anger into some action of your own. Just p**sing and moaning on this site that people should pony up and take as stand is no stand at all. If you set something up, maybe you'll get the replies your looking for. Otherwise, you give the appearance that you are acting in the exact manner you claim to detest, doing NOTHING. Propose something worth while and I just might be your second.

X2.

You make some excellent points assmonkey. If your so passionate about it, do something otherwise your feeding the machine you so feverishly detest with your apathy - they are counting on it to continue their BS. You might be surprised how many people are behind you, think about it - a random rant on a regional FISHING forum generated 2400+ views and 3 pages of comments...from a VERY limited section of a [i]relatively[i] unpolitical bunch of regular joes that would rather fish than b*tch about politics. Everything's gotta start somewhere, and the mankind you have no faith in has banded together in incredible numbers to effect serious change in so many ways in the last 100 years alone! It's not unreasonable to think that a significant change in the way we are ruled could have it's seeds in a post like this. Sh*t or get off the pot rockstar.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:10 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Nice try DL. I have my doubts about the longevity of the support garnered for anything outside a 24 hour news cycle. My fellow Canadians prove their lack of sustained attention no matter what the topic is on an ongoing basis every single day. Their way of life hasn't been threatened for 70 yrs and they'll probably sit on their collective asses for another 70 unless it is at some point. It might be to late by then.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:07 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Ok so I put my money where my mouth is and fired a letter not only to my MP but the finance minister who's seat was purchased with a portion of that $1.000000000000 whatever Billion dollar theft of our tax dollars. As of yet I have not received a reply. Might have to choose some kinder, gentler words on the next batch? Probably not but I'll keep trying none the less.

And the first person that chimes in with "You attract more bees with honey"? Save it cause you're a fool. You get stung!!

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:08 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

This is an e-mail I sent last week;

Dear Mr Sousa,

I contact you today amid concerns my fellow anglers and hunters have voiced on various forums and boards concerning the state of economic affairs in Ontario and in particular its fisheries.

Many of us have noticed the incompetence with which your government(not ours)has conducted itself in various matters and would like to know why more isn't being done to protect a resource millions across this province have enjoyed for decades. From the lack of ethics displayed by some anglers due to the lack of enforcement and education, dwindling stocks, growing disappearance of public access......etc, etc. It is a disturbing trend and must be corrected to avoid the gutting of a passion many of us enjoy.

I would like to propose that all moneys collected by the MNR along with a portion of taxes tied to any and all things related to angling and hunting (ie; fishing boats to hunting boots) be used solely to enhance and protect what we hold dear to us.

Over the last 10 years we have watched your government pilfer Billions of our hard earned dollars in an effort to leave a lasting legacy to the citizens of this once great province but I'm afraid you and your government have failed to leave us with anything worth wanting.

I am at least proud of the ever increasing negative sentiment Ontarians are displaying that is aimed at the way you have conducted business serving and protecting your own interest instead of theirs. It is only a matter of time before public pressure and not that of opposition parties recalls your government from its benches and hopefully cleans up the mess that has been created.

I have already written my MP in the hopes of gaining some clarity pertaining to this matter and although I was taught "you attract more bees with honey", I'm afraid time for cordiality has passed and better left for matters of less importance.

My plight may fall on deaf ears but if it gains any traction we might be able to get the desired response. After all, we do number in the millions.

Yours Truly,

And this is the A typical Bullshite response.

On behalf of MPP Charles Sousa I would like to thank you for your e-mail.

I have taken the liberty of forwarding a copy of this e-mail to both the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Natural Resources for their consideration.

Kindest regards.

Tyler Anderson

Constituency Assistant

Office of the Hon. Charles Sousa

MPP, Mississauga South

T: 905-274-8228 F: 905-274-8552

I'm going to try to send an e-mail every week with various issues of concern from now on until I am either arrested for harassment or taken seriously. So I now have to say that I was asked to S#!t or get off the pot and it seems the Diarrhea has begun. What about the rest of you???? The info is right there and elsewhere. Can't wait to see how much you all care cause change can come only if we band together.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:47 am 
Walleye Master

Well done at pointing the finger in the right direction. Any regular readers on here know I do the same thing, so don't worry, you are not alone. I get the same response many times as well, but at least the seed gets planted. How fast it grows from there depends on the further input from others.

I too wish others would stand up and tell the right people their opinions. Boards like this are a great place to make fellow outdorrsman aware of issues, but nothing will ever change if it ends there.

And yes, I have seen changes directly related to letters I have sent over the years, but it usually takes quite a bit of time.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:44 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Good on you assmonkey. I'd be interested to actually see some real figures on where our funds (i.e. license costs) are actually spent. While I echo your sentiment I'm not sure your tone will be well received...it does however highlight the anger in the mis-management of our resources.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:48 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

All quiet on the western front. Figured that would happen but I was hoping all of you would follow suit. Soooooooo predictable. Just don't bitch and scream like sheep led to slaughter when your fishing hole goes dry. Serves you right.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:58 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Always nice to stir the pot once in a while.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:59 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Im afraid someone does Wayne.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:30 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Oh ASSMONKEY, you just radiate positive energy in your posts, its electrifying to read. :D Are you this much FUN when your out fishin??? :D Seems like a blast :roll:

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:33 am 
Walleye Wisdom

If you're looking for positivity you should go back to school cause I've heard thats all the rage there for the last 20 yrs. Wouldn't want any of those precious bubble wrapped princes and princesses prepared for the real world now, would we?

As for being on the water with moi? I'd say its a blast to fish with me. It's one of the few times I'm able to focus on anything but the reality of this dark and cruel world :wink: . A laugh a minute and theres usually some decent eats on board to boot. But stop focusing on me and lets get those little digits typing and point them in the right direction. What was said to me previously in this post? "$#!T or get off the pot"? Just sayin' is all. Hehehe.

Gettin ready to head out soon. Wanna share in one of my few moments of bliss and serenity?

Ass Monkey

banner ad
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
banner ad