Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:38 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:37 pm 
Walleye Master

I was always taught that fighting fire with fire usually just makes the fire bigger...... I do pick up alot of garbage, the pointe Anne launch is an example, my family has used that launch for over 20 years, and the amount of garbage that shows up every year gets worse every year! But I do pick it up in the hopes of still being able to use that launch and help the area look nice, one day it will be turned into a PRIVATE PROPERTY DO NOT ENTER AREA! Another bad example of wasted resources showed up twice that I know of, at that same launch last year.... someone had the nerve to pull in a commericial hoop net and took the fish they wanted and dumped 100-1000's on the shore line to rot........
You HABER have diffently read to much into my posts and maybe in person it would have been a different story as we could communicate on a even level. You are to quick to call people names, it's the internet bud stop being a tough guy and wise guy, there is a professional way to go about things, but I dont think anyone has attempted that route...... cant just go poking a finger at everyone that is from that ethnic culture, because many are innocent and would be angered by such comments. I agree that if more people stood up for what they believed in alot of change could possibly be maintained. Try putting yourself in someone elses shoes for maybe 5 seconds today and look at a different perspective then just your own.......

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:57 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

this haber guy takes away from the legitimacy of all our claims...what a fool.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:20 pm 
Walleye

martycoo wrote:
I was always taught that fighting fire with fire usually just makes the fire bigger...... I do pick up alot of garbage, the pointe Anne launch is an example, my family has used that launch for over 20 years, and the amount of garbage that shows up every year gets worse every year! But I do pick it up in the hopes of still being able to use that launch and help the area look nice, one day it will be turned into a PRIVATE PROPERTY DO NOT ENTER AREA! Another bad example of wasted resources showed up twice that I know of, at that same launch last year.... someone had the nerve to pull in a commericial hoop net and took the fish they wanted and dumped 100-1000's on the shore line to rot........
You HABER have diffently read to much into my posts and maybe in person it would have been a different story as we could communicate on a even level. You are to quick to call people names, it's the internet bud stop being a tough guy and wise guy, there is a professional way to go about things, but I dont think anyone has attempted that route...... cant just go poking a finger at everyone that is from that ethnic culture, because many are innocent and would be angered by such comments. I agree that if more people stood up for what they believed in alot of change could possibly be maintained. Try putting yourself in someone elses shoes for maybe 5 seconds today and look at a different perspective then just your own.......

Well said Mike!

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:32 pm 
Walleye Angler

Haber I fail to see what one's ethnicity has to do with any discussion on politics and policy as it pertains to cleaning up a waterfront trail. I guess seeing as I am a "native and a redneck" that my opinion is now moot.

By the way, I am not a native, redneck yes, but not a native. Just a proud Canadian, Federal Correctional Officer and an avid fisherman, hunter and outdoorsman. I have served my country both as a LEO and in the Canadian Armed Forces too. But I guess my ignorant, uneducated ass has no dog in this fight right?

It seems to me that you and your wife are the ones who need the education here, an internet tough guy like yourself must get a real inflated sense of self worth spouting your senseless rhetoric and relatively pointless arguments on an internet message board, If you want to make a difference stop insulting everyone else and go down and pick a fight with the natives.

I am sure though if you take your best friend who is native with you and your wife you can easily solve the whole problem in one evening on the banks of the river. I am sure that when you are done making your racist comments there will be more than just fish blood on the trail.

Just wish I could have replied earlier, but oh yeah I was working, I don't have the time to waste trolling the internet looking for people to insult and offend.

Colin Friel

Colin Friel

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 pm 
Walleye Master

Well, my email has gone without a response.... no suprise to me. Hard to grasp that truck loads of fish are leaving the river dead every night..... I also went back to check the trail on Sunday and to no suprise more blood and now eggs have showed up on the trail.... Also was disgusted to see some people trying to snag the poor things..... Perhaps a petition with enough signatures might do something.... pretty sad also that our MNR tip line that says help report resource abuse cant even be used on this issue!!!! I think a petition would show how many people are againest what is going on to our sacred walleye. Theres gotta be some kind of resolution to the whole situation! I know that Scott from West Lake is trying to work something into place but whos going to be the one making sure it happens..... How many fish can fit in the back of a truck... ALOT, and I watched 6 full truckloads leave last night, that's enough to feed the whole community on the reserve for the year..... Im starting to document what is going on and I plan on showing this to the public to judge for themselves!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm 
Walleye

I'm pretty sure a lot of the members will sign that petition Mike.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:30 pm 
Walleye Master

you got my signature for sure

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 pm 
Walleye

sometimes a little non violent civil disobediance is required to get some attention . wouldn't it be a site to see these pick ups full off fish have mechanical problems en route to toronto , or perhaps following these loads of fish to their destination, and picketing the following day, if they are restaurants i am sure that the fish would need to be be inspected, if it is brought in at night, quaranteed it is not. need to get the power of the press involved on any of the above, down my kneck of the woods ,we are fighting the wind farms, a few will probably will end up in jail at some pointover it , some things are worth fighting for. what about distraction when the are trying to spear, ie. a million candle light in their eyes , if they want to belt you let them, charge em with assault. maybe spook the fish, give em a big jug of whiskey laced with ghb, enough so they slleep for a week.lol. i gotta move up 2 quinte soon...

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:36 am 
Walleye Wisdom

" 6 Full Truckloads " ????!!!!!

You have got to be kidding!!!
If that is true... then its is rediculous!!!
I remember seeing that back in the late 80`s early 90`s but I thought "we and they" would of got smarter by now!!!
MNR has to do something, they are just tooooo scared!!
Change it before it is too late!!!

teppy

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:54 pm 
Walleye

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:48 pm 
Walleye Angler

Would not hurt to email or phone;
www.darylkramp.ca/ ande if there is no reply also post it!!!!
I am with You all the way this is BS, and has been since it started!!!!!!!!!!!!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:44 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hate to say it guys but the MNR are not after white trash snagers or un-touchable natives,thair after us. It's alot easier ,and more profitable to target well equipt sportsmen [can and will pay the fine with out protest] that think they are in full conpliance for minor infractions, like the OPP.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:45 pm 
Walleye Master

Ty for that info Shelly, email sent and my next one is going to the MPP of Natural Resources. The resource has been abused, long enough in front of my eyes.....

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:46 pm 
Walleye Master

GOT2FSH wrote:
Hate to say it guys but the MNR are not after white trash snagers or un-touchable natives,thair after us. It's alot easier ,and more profitable to target well equipt sportsmen [can and will pay the fine with out protest] that think they are in full conpliance for minor infractions, like the OPP.

Couldnt agree more with what you said but we are the people that need to stand up!!!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:53 pm 
Walleye Angler

I'v given up, Ijust keep my haed down and try to look poor......lol.

banner ad
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
banner ad