All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:29 am 
Perch

great fish!! good job!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 am 
Walleye

nick3423 wrote:
Swiftdeer wrote:
Also remember, whatever you have caught and may still be in your freezer goes towards your possession limit. So if you are fishing and caught your limit (4 or 2) and you still have some in the freezer from two days before, you are over your limit.

Absolutely not...... 4/2 is a daily limit. You are not over limit if you have some in the freezer from 2 days prior.

looks like you better get those 300 in your freezer eaten up quick!!! lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:48 pm 
Perch

Oh man I'm jealous! great catch!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:58 pm 
Walleye

water-werx.ca wrote:
nick3423 wrote:
Swiftdeer wrote:
Also remember, whatever you have caught and may still be in your freezer goes towards your possession limit. So if you are fishing and caught your limit (4 or 2) and you still have some in the freezer from two days before, you are over your limit.

Absolutely not...... 4/2 is a daily limit. You are not over limit if you have some in the freezer from 2 days prior.

looks like you better get those 300 in your freezer eaten up quick!!! lol

My apologies for incorrectly interpreting the regs.... water-werkz I wish I was a good enough fisherman to hit those kind of numbers..lol. So far this year on boq, Ive only caught 5 and kept 2. I know enforcing the regs in one thing but how on earth would you be able to successfully prosecute somebody that had over the possession limit in their freezer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

It doesn't take much.if a CO has a doubt they can check your freezer. Its not hard to prosecute if the evidence is there. It happens quite often. So its better safe than sorry, cause you certainly Wouldn't want to face the charges that could bring.

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:07 pm 
Walleye

Nice fish congrats on the pb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:38 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Swiftdeer wrote:
It doesn't take much.if a CO has a doubt they can check your freezer. Its not hard to prosecute if the evidence is there. It happens quite often. So its better safe than sorry, cause you certainly Wouldn't want to face the charges that could bring.

He cannot check a freezer in a dwelling or a place with reasonable expectation of privacy. They would require pre judicial authorization. If they had evidence and got a warrant than yes. They cannot knock on door and check your freezer if they have reasonable grounds an offense has been committed unless they had a warrant and its not easy to do with a smaller offense like that. If they ask and you let them in well then that's your fault or they argue exigent circumstances which is not going to be used for this type of an offense. A murder than yes.lol..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

ONbuckhunter wrote:
Swiftdeer wrote:

He cannot check a freezer in a dwelling or a place with reasonable expectation of privacy. They would require pre judicial authorization. If they had evidence and got a warrant than yes. They cannot knock on door and check your freezer if they have reasonable grounds an offense has been committed unless they had a warrant and its not easy to do with a smaller offense like that. If they ask and you let them in well then that's your fault or they argue exigent circumstances which is not going to be used for this type of an offense. A murder than yes.lol..

Actually yes they can search without a warrant, they actually have quite a bit of power. They can detain, question, arrest etc.
Now are they going to come to your house if they think you have 5 walleye instead of 4? Of course not. But If you tweet a picture of your freezer stacked with fish you might get a knock on the door.

Oh and to the OP... Beauty fish nice job!

Last edited by jjz on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:11 am 
Walleye Wisdom

All four look great. Congratulations.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:22 am 
Jumbo Perch

jjz wrote:
ONbuckhunter wrote:
Swiftdeer wrote:

Actually yes they can search without a warrant, they actually have quite a bit of power. They can detain, question, arrest etc.
Now are they going to come to your house if they think you have 5 walleye instead of 4? Over course not. But If you tweet a picture of your freezer stacked with fish you might get a knock on the door.

Oh and to the OP... Beauty fish nice job!

No they cannot search your dwelling without a warrant. I know they're powers very well. They can do all of what you said your just confused at how and when they can exercise those powers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:55 am 
Walleye Angler

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/En ... 30149.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:40 pm 
Walleye

jjz wrote:
http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/Enforcement/2ColumnSubPage/STEL01_130149.html

Search without warrant is a little misleading unless you apply the entire sentence. It basically means that they are justified in entering your dwelling without a warrant if exigent circumstances exist ... could be a number of things but generally its destruction of evidence. Once those exigent circumstances no longer exist .. then the co would have to apply for a search warrant to search your house.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:54 pm 
Walleye Master

"catcher"..... Awesome fish, and a great haul!!!! Not sure why people needed to ruin your fun by posting about fishin regs. I'm sure you know what they are... 8) You'd think they could've started a new topic... :roll: :roll:

Once again...Congrats!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:21 am 
Walleye Angler

Walleye 9 wrote:
"catcher"..... Awesome fish, and a great haul!!!! Not sure why people needed to ruin your fun by posting about fishin regs. I'm sure you know what they are... 8) You'd think they could've started a new topic... :roll: :roll:

Once again...Congrats!!!!!!

Yes thanks for speaking out , Dan did warn people about comments on peoples posts going sideways. It is an older post I made in Jan when I caught the fish and it just got back to the top recently.
Thanks to all the people who posted congrats to my catch. :)

banner ad