Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:25 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Brown trout.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:45 pm 
Walleye Master

ok trav i can get you all you want, regular right, not the hot pecan rub. 6 dollars for each 12 ozer , how many you want

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 pm 
Walleye Master

Landshark,

Your the man. I've seen you tell a few others on here that the fish gods should smile on them for doing a good deed.

Well, May the fish gods smile on you for hooking Traveller up, and I'm sure if traveller has any pull with the big guy upstairs, he'll put in a good word for you. :D

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:38 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Grizzly wrote:
growing up in the fingerlaks a block from a great trout streem it made trout the main eating fish in my area....... learned to soak the fish in milk over night before cooking them. and usually we baked then would cut up tomatoes and onions and stuff there bellies. then smear Mayonaise all over them sprikle with lemon pepper wrap in tin foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. I no longer eat them......... once i discovered pan fish and an eletric knife my trout eating days ended

I agree Grizzly. Growing up in the North Country of NY catching crappies, perch, bluegill, pike,and walleye has spoiled my taste buds for trout or salmon. I still try various trout and salmon recipes when people say no "you must be cooking it wrong" but they still taste too "fishy" to me. Now that I am down here by Philly I have an oppurtunity to get out on the ocean a bit too and most of those fish taste too strong as well. Opening day of trout season is fast approaching down here. I can't wait for the looks on the guys faces when I catch a stocked trout and promptly release it. They think I am crazy not to eat those delicious hatchery trout.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

Grizzly,
I also grew up in the Finger Lakes and we ate many lake and stream trout. A squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper and boiled them skin side down. I guess I acquired a taste for oily fish as I still love the browns. But your right Riverdog, it's hard to beat crappie, perch and smaller walleye. I'm going to be in Philly this weekend visiting my son. It's going to be in the 70's up hear Sat. and Sunday. Oh well it will just heat up the lake for more fishing next week. Shawn give me a shout next time your home. Maybe we can fish a day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:25 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Longlegg wrote:
Grizzly,
I also grew up in the Finger Lakes and we ate many lake and stream trout. A squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper and boiled them skin side down. I guess I acquired a taste for oily fish as I still love the browns. But your right Riverdog, it's hard to beat crappie, perch and smaller walleye. I'm going to be in Philly this weekend visiting my son. It's going to be in the 70's up hear Sat. and Sunday. Oh well it will just heat up the lake for more fishing next week. Shawn give me a shout next time your home. Maybe we can fish a day.

It is going to be in the 80's here by Philly. You picked a good week-end to come down. I will be at the in-laws over by New York City. I located a stocked stream over there via the DEC website. I may give those stockers a shot Friday or/and Saturday. I will be up in the north country the first week-end of May for the New York turkey/pike/walleye opener.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:45 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yea, my brothers will be up that first weekend. We will be hunting Sat. and Sunday and headed to Quite on Monday through Wednesday. Then back for more turkey, or pike, or stream trout, or walley, or crappie, or Milsite lakers. What a great time of year to be in the north country!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm 
Walleye

TheLandshark wrote:
ok trav i can get you all you want, regular right, not the hot pecan rub. 6 dollars for each 12 ozer , how many you want

I would love to get six if you can, this is great stuff on fish or chicken. If your coming up I can wait, but have no problem going down your way. We take a drive down to Sodus Bay every May for a weekend to pick up fishing supplies, and have a break out from the north country if should live anywhere near there would come and pick it up. Believe me I just told my wife I was possibly going to get some more and she said great. Let me know what works for you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:26 pm 
Walleye

Me again told the wife I had ordered six she reminded me of all the people we had cooked salmon with this pecan rub who had asked me if I could get some for them as well. If you could order 12 instead of the six that would be great. If you need money head of time I'm sure we can figure out something.

Post subject: Giant Perch!@
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:53 am 
Walleye Angler

I finally figured out how to post pictures. Here's one that was "taken" by Michael Ringer (artist) and put in the TI Sun with an article about it being a new world record. I am putting a follow up article in this week. Looks like a journalistic battle may have begun. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:24 am 
Walleye Master

trav i will be up pssibly for wally opener but the 16th for sure, i will also be around sodus alot inapril for browns. you must go to abes?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:19 am 
Walleye Angler

Landshark,
I'm headed to Philli and New Jersey on Friday to visit my kids. I will be home Sunday night. I plan on fishing Thursday at Mexico. Then the following week I'll be headed to Tenn. for a week from April 10-18. Hopefully you Pete and I can get together for some browns sometime during April. Pete leaves Marathon on Thursday so we will likely be fishing next week before I leave to Tenn. Keep in touch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:27 am 
Walleye Master

oh of course i will kevin and i did some research for ya. Call navionics themselves and tellthem your unit, i guess they are really helpful and will tell you exactly what you are looking for.

NAVIONICS USA
6 Thatcher Lane
Wareham, MA 02571
Toll Free: 800-848-5896
Tel: 508-291-6000
Fax: 508-291-6006
Email: sales@navionics.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:36 pm 
Walleye Angler

I actually just called them before reading your post.There are two SD cards I'm looking at one is the Platinum Plus 901p+ East Great Lakes but it's pricey at $299 the other is their Gold Marine 2XG it is $199. They were very helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:36 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Longlegg wrote:
Landshark,
I'm headed to Philli and New Jersey on Friday to visit my kids. I will be home Sunday night. I plan on fishing Thursday at Mexico. Then the following week I'll be headed to Tenn. for a week from April 10-18. Hopefully you Pete and I can get together for some browns sometime during April. Pete leaves Marathon on Thursday so we will likely be fishing next week before I leave to Tenn. Keep in touch.

Mr. Legg,
Not sure if you have ever been to a Cabela's retail store or not. There is one in Hamburg, PA only about 1.5 hours from your son. Well worth the short drive. Even if you are not in the market for any outdoor gear. It is like a sportman's museum with the aquarium, all the taxidermy, other displays, etc.

Shawn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:59 pm 
Walleye

TheLandshark wrote:
trav i will be up pssibly for wally opener but the 16th for sure, i will also be around sodus alot inapril for browns. you must go to abes?

Yeah; I do some shopping at ABE's for sure, also always take in a couple feeds at his restraunt. There is a bed & breakfast that treat us great whenever we visit, one of our favourite Lake Ontario locations.

Would love to go over by boat as Abe said we could stay at his location. It is only 54 miles as the crow flies from Wellington maybe late May this year if we can have a few days of calm seas.

banner ad