banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:05 pm 
Walleye Angler

As a member of the OFAH for 20 some years I am appauled that they or us as a group have done nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AS Marty stated are we all going to throw in the towel or we can sit here an email each other or use your,e fingers or finger to phone or email any contacts you can think of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is not all native people I have this problem with it is the truck loads of fish going else where!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I now for a fact it goes else where !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Write done all contacts you can think of and post them on this site
Marty draft a letter and pics if possible post it and everyone can copy it and send to as many contacts as we can get!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:52 pm 
Goby

Martycoo I also have run into some issues with them. This pass deer season during archery season at that i was out one morning when a fourwheeler went by me in my stand, i called mey dad to say the hunt was over and when he walked out into the feild there was two indians on a fourwheeler with .270's. They felt they had the right to hunt on the land of someone that they didn't have permision. We really do need to do something about it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 pm 
Walleye Master

Why does our generation have to live with the past doings..... We were born here in Canada, we didn't have a thing to do with taking any land from anyone. Equal rights are the issue, Aboriginals are given free taxes, free schooling, fixed income in many cases and the right to hunt and fish as they please in many different ways(nets, spears are the main issue). Are we teaching our kids that one race deserves better treatment then another, I think so! And the main point I agreed with Haber was our tax money pays for alot of it, I want my tax money to go to helping much more important issues, such as education, healthcare, and Natural Resources! Equal rights for all not just the few! Stopped feeling sorry along time ago and I really think it's being taken advantage of. Perhaps if they didnt have these rights they may try harder to succeed! It's like a spoiled child the more you give the more they want to take and in the end they want your money, not your love! This may sound harsh to many but it's my opinion!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:26 pm 
Walleye Master

well put mike

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:57 pm 
Perch

Hey Martycoo! Glad to see that you are finally getting what I was saying. Good to see that we are finally on the same page here! Unfortunetly, its the way that my wife and I wrote it, that we were trying to get our point across. The "Whiteman" is getting taken advantage of by the government because it's them that is allowing it all to happen.
We may not live there anymore but it's still home to us! We were both born and raised there, and hope to come back in the future when jobs are better.
The Government won't do anything about the issues because they are afraid of people like Shawn Brant, closing down roads, and railways, because they don't want to deal with the confrontation. I would rather see money spent on better issues, like our Children, healthcare, education and so on.
Also, I would like to see them dig Saskatchewan some lake in the South as there is no water out here to fish in...LOL!
Not trying to start anything or getting all upset, but now everyone is saying what I was saying from the beginning.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:54 am 
Walleye Master

one thing to keep in mind guys. Just like people come from all over to fish the bay of quinte so do the natives many will come from surrounding areas to fish or spear then go back home with there catches......... im not taking sides just looking from all angles there is natives all across canada........ really as huber said its not the natives we should be crapping on its the government until they get a backbone. willing to make a desission then stand behind it 100% it will just continue........ The Natives simply do what they do because they can until they are told they cant and some arrests are made the rivers closed off and closely guarded its not going to change......... look what peta has done to the fur trade......... do we dare to side with peta and bring them in???

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:38 am 
Walleye

Well Giber2 and Fisherboy01.. Iam close to 50 now and I have seen this go one as long as I can remeber and they are still spearing....not that us "old "guys are going to give up but you young guys maybe need stand up and be heard....I think the problem is that us older guys have come to say that is something that happens every year and we live we it, but we still bitch about.....I think it is because most of us are sick of fighting ...maybe you youngs guys can think of a way to be heard and maybe kick us "old guys" in the butt to help out. Its also your future.My 2 cents
ps...to the "old guys" lets help the young guys out

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:43 am 
Walleye Master

Good Morning Mike,

On behalf of Daryl, thank you for contacting our office.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns regarding the Bay of Trail with us.

However, as your federal member of parliament, Mr. Kramp does not have jurisdiction in this area.

Your attempt to bring this issue to the City of Belleville’s attention was the appropriate governing body.

Failing a response from the Mayor’s office, you may want to forward your email to Leona Dombrowsky’s office for her perusal and appropriate response.

Rest assured I will bring your email to Mr. Kramp’s personal attention, I am certain he will contact the other level of governments to discuss possible solutions to this problem.

Thank you again for contacting our office, if Mr. Kramp has any direction or suggestions upon review of your email I’ll be in touch.

Have a great day

Denise Gray

Constituent Assistant

Daryl Kramp MP

Prince Edward-Hastings

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:58 am 
Walleye Master

Leona Dombrowsky ldombrowsky.mpp.co@liberal.ola.org Email sent!
Linda Jeffrey ljeffrey.mpp.co@liberal.ola.org Email Sent!

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 am 
Walleye Catcher

I took you advise and sent this email to Darryl Kramp
Greetings Mr. Kramp. I am writing this as an avid outdoorsman, conservationist and concerned citizen. As you may well be aware every spring thousands of spawning walleye are speared every year by the native community in the Bay of Quinte tributaries. As I am aware that this has been a long standing tradition for the natives to feed their families, there is also abuse of the system that is abundantly apparent to members of the community. There is a small percentage of the population that feel it is their right to be able to take as many fish as they can to sell for a profit. If anyone other than a native were to do this they would face jail time. There comes a time to stand up for equality in this country and do away with antiquated laws that only apply to some. After all, aren't I a native as well? I was born and raised here and have lived no where else, isn't that the definition of being native? So why do we have the sit by and watch the blatant abuse of our natural resources because the government has to turn a blind eye. With that being said I understand the challenges with leading such a charge so perhaps a compromise could be reached. The yearly event could be monitored to ensure that there is no abuse of the system and that people are not taking the fish for profitable gain. I am certain that the band councils would not want to see these few misguided individuals perpetuating these acts as this resource affects their community in a very profound way as well, with the millions of dollars every year that comes with the tourism associated with angling.
I hope that you take my comments into consideration a see how valuable this resource is and that it needs our protection. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Rob Eves
8400 front road
Stella ON
K0H 2S0

PS I will also send this to the OFAH

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:12 am 
Walleye Master

Great email Rob! Thanks for the support, more we can get the better!

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:59 am 
Walleye Master

I went back to the trail again today and saw another snagger, had the cam so I filmed a bit of what he was doing.... cast pull, pull, pull..... He gave me they old F OFF saluate and I just said just showing how skilld you are bud!!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:28 am 
Walleye

martycoo wrote:
I went back to the trail again today and saw another snagger, had the cam so I filmed a bit of what he was doing.... cast pull, pull, pull..... He gave me they old F OFF saluate and I just said just showing how skilld you are bud!!!

This is f'ed up. Is he Native? If not, can the police not do anything? Hold them until the mnr arrive? What about the fella (Pat Comeau) who posted on here for the police service kids derby. Is he an officer? There must be officers from Bellevile who fish and can enforce something?

As for the whole native subject......I'll stay out of it. I do know of 2 natives who sell the fish for drug money. They are sold locally to white people. I have seen the truck loads of fish as well. Or the station wagons, or whatever you can cram a pile of fish into.

It's sad that a hadful of Natives give them a bad name in general.

As for your response to the snagger, very controlled. Keep up the good fight.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:54 am 
Walleye Wisdom

"and I just said just showing how skilld you are bud!!!"

That's hilarious! Great comeback, Mike! :lol:

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:44 pm 
Walleye Master

i just watched the vid mike that guy looks white as they come

banner ad
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next