Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:11 pm 
Walleye Master

JimW wrote:
Awesome looking rig.

I might have to find some guys to book a charter to check out the rig and fish in comfort.

JimW

Almost won't feel like fall. Will feel like I'm cheating or something in a warm cabin. lol

Your welcome anytime. Just let me know when.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:00 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Hello....I really love your boat but I have some concerns about the 15 HP kicker. Joe Pickstock came to look at mine and I took some pics that I think may have been for you. I have the 15 hp etec on my Ranger 620 and it works well but it is only a 20 foot boat. I can get a whopping 6 mph on it so I really wonder if it will push your boat. I wish you could try a kicker first before you buy. In any case good luck with your boat and if you wish to see more of the 15 hp let me know and I will be happy to help.

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:21 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks for the info Jim. Yes the pictures were for me. I am adding a TR1 Gold autopilot to the kicker and wanted to know if the throttle actuator could be modified to work on the 15 etec. Thank you for getting those pictures. They were really helpful.

I'm not surprised you can only get 6mph out of the kicker. My understanding is that in a non-displacement hull/planing hull you reach a terminal speed before having to have the power to get up on plane. I think you would find that even a 30 hp engine wouldn't get significantly more then 6mph. (I could be wrong)

I also believe that the 15hp etec has a gear case specifically designed as a kicker and thus is geared fairly low. It should have lots of low end torque but a low top end speed. I'm hoping that it can push my boat at 3mph in 5'ers. If that is the case then I'm golden.

Other then top end, what is your impression of the 15hp etec? BTW I love the 620 that is a sexy sexy boat.

Thank you very much again for sending those pictures to Joe it really helped me out. I also hope I'm not coming across as a know it all. Sometimes tone is hard to read in a post and words can easily be taken the wrong way.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:48 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Keep the updates comming Scott. Its like an episode of monster garage for fishing fanatics. I'm really enjoying watching your dream boat take shape. Can't wait to see it finished and all rigged out.

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:12 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Scott....No offense taken any way. The 15 e-tec works like a charm on my boat but there are times in high winds where I have to rev it up to maintain a speed and heading thus my concerns for your larger boat. I have been waiting for a part to tie in the kicker to the main motor for steering and then I won't have to sit at the back to steer. You are right about the motor, it is actually a 25 hp that they de-tune to a 15 and is designed from the prop to the gear case for trolling. I really like the push button throttle settings, they work well. I was being silly when I mentioned the top speed, I tested it to see how fast it would go in case I had any issues with the big motor and I had to come in from the ducks or something. Again if there is anything you wish to see let me know and I wish you good luck with the boat. I am sure you are going to love it.

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:53 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks again Jim. The pilot house will add a wind drag as well. Really hope it will be ok and trust it will as most guys have the T9. 9 kicker so I can't see how a detuned 25hp couldn't do as well or better.

I added to teasers photos today of the engines ready to be mounted and the electronics ready to go as well.

Scott

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:00 pm 
Walleye Master

I cant wait to see this damn rig.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:18 pm 
Walleye Master

Btw I shopped around in Canada and the US. Bought all my electronics from radioworld www.radioworld.ca. Best prices but beyond that the best and I mean THE BEST service and most knowledgeable staff of anywhere!! I can't speak highly enough of them and for the record I paid retail so I'm not sucking up. Worth every penny and I'd do it again. Very very knowledgeable staff hard to find these days.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:35 pm 
Walleye Master

Getting closer. A few pictures of the boat with engines on, and the interior work coming along.

Love my coffee counter and tackle locker LOL. Good folks at Wooldridge, did just what I had envisioned.

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:16 am 
Walleye

West Lake Willows wrote:
Btw I shopped around in Canada and the US. Bought all my electronics from radioworld http://www.radioworld.ca. Best prices but beyond that the best and I mean THE BEST service and most knowledgeable staff of anywhere!! I can't speak highly enough of them and for the record I paid retail so I'm not sucking up. Worth every penny and I'd do it again. Very very knowledgeable staff hard to find these days.

Scott

I agree with you about them being very knowledgeable staff. Last spring I purchased a new Standard Horizon VHF radio with AIS from a local outlet in Ottawa (we do not have a radioworld outlet here) and could not get it to work with my Lorwrance GPS even though I had been assured that the unit was compatible. Finally spoke with the radioworld staff at the Carp fishing show and they immediately asked what model I had, and advised that my unit should be returned and switched for a slightly different model. Standard Horizon made the switch, and problem solved because radioworld staff knew the different products that they sell and were willing to assist.

Boat is looking GREAT Scott.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:12 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Wow I just saw the new pics. I love a big stack of electronics. Stupid question though. Why 3 fish finders? I know 1 for gps only 1 for sonar but what's the other one for? Id be just itching for that baby to come home.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:07 pm 
Walleye Master

The third screen will be out on the deck so I can easily see it when setting lines.

Yeah I'm pretty ready for it. Lol.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:02 pm 
Walleye Angler

So Scott,
You going to serve me hot coffee this fall, and can I also pull up to the side and hop in to warm up?
8O 8O 8O
Awesome looking boat, I am sure you will enjoy it.

-s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:09 pm 
Walleye Master

Lol Sheldon, anytime.

Now you are drinking real coffee again, we have to figure out a coffee drop so you can just fall in behind and scoop up a fresh hot coffee.

But you have to let me win the trophy hunt this year. Lol

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:51 am 
Walleye

Hey Scott, you will need to pick up one of these. This way the guys can pick up their coffee and leave there quarter in the bucket. The best part with a long rope you wouldn't even need to pull in your lines.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
banner ad