Resorts
Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:31 pm 
Walleye Angler

If everyone that read this would send a letter it would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:33 pm 
Walleye Master

Funny I showed my Uncle and the guy is married to his wifes sister, he has ban status but who cares, he's using a modern day fishing pole to snag walleye.... no ritual to that! I know his name and Ive saw him 3 times during this spawn down there doing this.... funny how my uncle says they also spear 1000s of walleye down on the reserve.... neither is right so why do they have to also spear in the city.... they rubbing it in you think?????

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:40 pm 
Walleye

sending emails is nice, but you really, really need to get the newspaper involved , not local either, get toronto star ,or sun to do a story, then the politicians may may do something,.......

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:46 pm 
Walleye Master

If someone is willing to help with that process I will keep taking pictures and such it's hard to do anything without hard evidence, such as which restaurants or people are also buying these fish from the peoples who are selling them....

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:58 pm 
Walleye Angler

1 contact
lets compile a list, draft a letter and eveyone send it and bug the hell out of them!!!!!!!!!!!
With over 100,000 members, subscribers and supporters, and 660 memberclubs, the O.F.A.H. is the largest nonprofit, charitable, fishing, huntingand conservation-based organization in Ontario, and the voice of anglersand hunters. For more information, visit www.ofah.org. -30- Contact Lezlie GoodwinO.F.A.H. Communications Coordinator705-748-6324 ext 270

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:21 pm 
Walleye

You know that you all,don,t want me to get going on this one...Good luck To all!!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:01 pm 
Walleye

Just let things be left alone.it will all be over in a few days,and there will be a few million left for us fisherpersons,our native friends have been doing this for a few hundred years,and we always have fish to catch,it,s just a way of life,and there,s a few of us,that are jealous,that we can,t do the same thing,we call it fishin,they call it catchin??I know there are probabley a few bad eggs in there,but all in all,the native friends that I have,take what they need for there familys,and thats it,so le :roll: :wink: ts move on,and talk about the pollution in the bay,if you really want to do something about that,I,ll get on board,for that one,How about it Shelly,you know what I know...RIGHT??

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:15 pm 
Walleye Angler

Rocket We all know your,e concerns with pollution which is great, so start youre own forum !!!!
You voiced your,e opinion and we will leave it at that (nuff said)

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:30 pm 
Walleye Master

ROCKET wrote:
Just let things be left alone.it will all be over in a few days,and there will be a few million left for us fisherpersons,our native friends have been doing this for a few hundred years,and we always have fish to catch,it,s just a way of life,and there,s a few of us,that are jealous,that we can,t do the same thing,we call it fishin,they call it catchin??I know there are probabley a few bad eggs in there,but all in all,the native friends that I have,take what they need for there familys,and thats it,so le :roll: :wink: ts move on,and talk about the pollution in the bay,if you really want to do something about that,I,ll get on board,for that one,How about it Shelly,you know what I know...RIGHT??

To say that people are jealous for caring about a resource, what an absurd comment! Id even encourage the slot limit to return....
And have they been selling these fish for a few hundred years, I dont think so. You have an agenda and so do others.
I dont know if anyone is old enough to remember when you could walk across that river because there was such a great population of walleye thriving in our waters, my grandfather tells me stories of it and hope one day my children could witness such a sight, because I will prolly never see that sight..... think about the future, not the present or the past! Not trying to offend you ROCKET, but if they were spearing Bass I bet youd be the first one to speak up!

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:56 pm 
Perch

i don't knowbut i think that i opened alot of peoples eyes about this subject.people of the Quinte area get as much info as possible and like someone said take it to the star ,you will get noticed.i only wished i was back home to help but i'm not.try taking videos of them and take it to ckws also.for the westlake willows guy the info that you are getting from the mnr is useless,don't listen to them.my best friend (indian)growing up worked with the mnr and the stories i heard would make you shake your head.they're like politicians they say what you want to hear until they get elected.for mr.maracle that raises pickeral ,i use to buy minnows from him and he is a good person and he has alot of stories to tell.i'm glad to see some pissed off people and please do something before it goes back to the 90's again.next federal election remember to vote for the ndp not the pc because look at what we have in office now g w bush's bitch,and you don't want the french (liberals)in office either ,they just look after quebec.try the ndp the next time.keep up the fight people.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:37 am 
Walleye Catcher

Rocket, I don't think anyone on here really has much issue with the natives spearing a few fish to feed their families. The real issue is the abuse that goes on by the MINORITY that feel it is their RIGHT to spear as many fish as they can to sell for profit.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:21 am 
Walleye

Reading this forum I have noticed a number of people stating that know who is is taking the truck loads of fish. If you want do do something about it, how about a call to crime stoppers, MNR, OPP, food and drug or at least somebody and report these people. Even if no charges are laid it would stop them from doing this if they know that they are being watched. I don,t understand how you can say you want to do something about this and do nothing with the info that you have.
Marty said "How many fish can fit in the back of a truck... ALOT, and I watched 6 full truckloads leave last night, that's enough to feed the whole community on the reserve for the year"
How many times do think that this has happened this season. That is a Sh**load of walleye going down the 401.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:16 am 
Walleye

Jab67ca wrote:
Reading this forum I have noticed a number of people stating that know who is is taking the truck loads of fish. If you want do do something about it, how about a call to crime stoppers, MNR, OPP, food and drug or at least somebody and report these people. Even if no charges are laid it would stop them from doing this if they know that they are being watched. I don,t understand how you can say you want to do something about this and do nothing with the info that you have.
Marty said "How many fish can fit in the back of a truck... ALOT, and I watched 6 full truckloads leave last night, that's enough to feed the whole community on the reserve for the year"
How many times do think that this has happened this season. That is a Sh**load of walleye going down the 401.

Agreed.
A good start would be getting lisence plate numbers off the trucks.

As for the two I stated I know..... Well I know, but I can't prove it. I live in Ottawa, but know it has been going on for years to feed the drug habits of these two particular individuals, who are already well known with the local authorities.

I think the mnr needs to have an under cover operation and try to purchase fish, or line up some fish purchases.

Marty keep up the good work.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:02 pm 
Baitfish

Why do we make fish sanctuaries and laws pertaining to our natural resources if certain groups of people are allowed to ignore them, it's not too often laws are made that can be disregarded for some and strictly enforced for others. As a country we brag about our equality but this is far from equal rights, I don't care what happened hundreds of years ago when populations were small and there was plenty of resources for the people of the area. This is not the case anymore and we are all members of the same society where we all must respect what we have and take steps to protect it. I am not jealous that I am not fishing right now, I want to give them an opportunity to spawn and I would have no problem with a slot size to abide by. I will sign any petition and any email regarding this issue.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:14 pm 
Walleye Angler

We're all equal, it's just that some are more equal than others.

It's the same thing on this board each and every year. It'll be the same thing next year, and the year after, and the year after........... :?

For urine purchase call 1-800-MUX-URIN

banner ad
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
banner ad