Resorts
Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:00 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Is it monkeyman or assman??? ;) lol
I guess I will be behind Grizz, it might be safer then!?? lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:57 am 
Walleye

Marty did you have anything to do with this?

If so, way to go, If not, you now know a local reporters name who might help you with another story.

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2520923

From the quote at the end of the article, it appears they know that "their own" are selling fish.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 pm 
Guppy

Hey pickeral people, it has been a pleasure to read all these posts about this ridiculous spear-fest going on every year in Belleville. I understand this nonsence has only been going on for 7 years or so, and is a BLACK eye on this city.
Last year when I pointed my spot light into the river, a native came up to me and said " I was scaring the fish " !!!! Can you imagine ? He tried to intimidate me away, but I not only sayed , but shot pictures (not digital), and sent a scathing story to the Intel, where I proposed a boycott of all things Native. And I meant ALL THINGS NATIVE untill this bull s... stops.
Again may I re-iterate, no one has the right to decimate a fishery, and to allow us to let this go on and on and on, shows our weakness in protecting this wonderfull species.
Mr Mayor, how about putting up a "safety" fence along the river, on city property where this illegal harvest takes place , to keep people from falling in of couse, while the river is high and dangerous. Nudge nudge, wink wink.
Wiener.

Amen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:29 pm 
Walleye Master

We as a group are getting peoples attention, Ive been very busy starting a new job this week. I plan on doing some more work on this issue over the weekend, a facebook group is in the making, which will have to do with Walleye, and the main issue being how we can generate more WALLEYE! Its not a group to bash, but a group to encourage certain things such as milking eggs back into the water, selective harvest, and how slot limits help the fishery, etc.. Pickeral or Walleye lovers are encouragd to keep posting there thoughts and with permission Id like to add alot of the comments from this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:33 pm 
Walleye

hrmm.... someone removed my post... I wonder why :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:36 am 
Walleye Master

my guess is because the post was less than wonderful lol Terrorists are shuned on these days lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7