Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:16 pm 
Walleye

i myself wouldnt dare try 2-3 inches of ice if you paid me lol,but what i took from the original post other then being crazy in my oppinion
was that these guys know the risk and felt comfortable doing it,they did not promote going on the ice,what they did was warn people
to be carefull because it may be safe for them but not for us,pretty clear and in english.also this boq boards is for everyone to post their
fishing trips in the bay and whether its early for some or not they do have the right.anyways if anyones going to try what these guys are
doing then plz be carefull and take all precautions needed to have a safe and happy fishing trip...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:07 pm 
Walleye

Gents,

This is getting old real quick... We have more important things to do.. Don't we? I hear the bite east of the ferry is ON FIRE! Seriously.. Lets all get in our boat and fly around in sub zero temperatures and 5 foot waves... Would we get ripped apart for that? Probably not, even though it is much more dangerous and risky than fishing on 3 inches of solid ice (contrary to what others say).

Nevertheless, you all have a right to your opinion and I certainly respect that. The issue at hand is the way some of your opinions are presented. Immature, unprofessional and flat out ignorant. Perhaps you should all take a page from WalleyeWonder's book and learn how to present an opinion in a relaxed and nonconfrontational manner. I understand that some of you live for this sort of "drama" and take enjoyment from it as you hide behind your computers. Personally, if I had issue with any of you or disagreed with your posts or comments, I would PM or email you. Not call you out publicaly. This forum was supposed to be a hub for respectful information sharing for people who share the same passion; but it has turned in to a circus (no offense Dan). I, and a lot of other guys on here have ALWAYS been more than willing to share information and provide reports on a regular basis and perhaps people reading the posts have benefited from it. I hope they have...

But this will be the last time for me. I have always been friendly, respectful and willing to share information and that will NEVER happen again. We put up a report to share with the Quintefishing community as there are some on here that would appreciate it and look what it's turned in to? A joke! There was never any encouraging of people to venture out. There was never any mention of us taking clients out. There was never any advocating of people going on unsafe ice. So how you can draw these conclusions and form these opinions is beyond me? Not to mention that none you were even there...

Have a great ice season guys and be safe! Btw- I wasn't kidding about East of the Ferry... A guy we know went 20-28 today...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

Well Grant,I hope you reconsider and post again.There are alot of us that apritiat your year round updates.G2 is one of the few that dont just pop up to self promote during prime times.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:17 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Well im 100% behind you Grant as im a little peed off on the response that we got off the board. I could never have even imagined it would have gotten this far but your absolutely correct. If your not part of the good ole boys club here you shouldnt post so I see. Ive been quiet for over 5 years now and if it takes a simple ice update to push me off this site.. so be it. My wife says this is much like a soap opera and she is thinking of joining much like her friends.
Sorry Guys but its true.. all we are doing is putting up a post and filling people in on the details and if people can not respect that then I have to say fare well.

Jason

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

Dont let a couple of #$% holes get to you. There's lots of us that love to hear what you have to say.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:36 pm 
Perch

hi Jason, ive been watching this whole ordeal go on today and think that its bull$#!%. the sole reason i come to this site is to see the info that you have posted. i have had the good fortune of fishing with you and you put me on fish,took good care of us, and you were knowledgable about the BOQ and the methods used to catch 'em. You were professional and certainly knew what you were talking about. Its guys like you that help people learn the tricks so that we can try them ourselves someday. Losing a great guide like you on this site would be a kick in the ding,ding. So @#$% 'em let r freeze and maybe these guys will have something better to do, like have fun fishing.

Jer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:58 pm 
Walleye

Grant,
Congrats on the fish.
I am sure you guys were not the only guys checking the ice, You guys just decided it was enough for you to go out. What is the difference between this or as we have all seen a 12 ft aluminum with 3 guys out at Thompson's with a 3' chop. How many guys have stopped has they trolled pass the boat to say that it is not safe for you to be out here? I bet if we started a thread about dumbest stuff seen on BOQ this would not be Number 1 by a long shot.
John

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Jab67ca wrote:
Grant,
Congrats on the fish.
I am sure you guys were not the only guys checking the ice, You guys just decided it was enough for you to go out. What is the difference between this or as we have all seen a 12 ft aluminum with 3 guys out at Thompson's with a 3' chop. How many guys have stopped has they trolled pass the boat to say that it is not safe for you to be out here? I bet if we started a thread about dumbest stuff seen on BOQ this would not be Number 1 by a long shot.
John

Big time!!!!! Seen alot worse

There is no reason to stop posting, afterall; and most here will agree this is one if not the only site/forum where there is little B.S. and alot of help.
We all take our own risks, ice fishing/driving/walking/fishing in a thunderstorm. Whatever!!!!
All I know is "I have a spud and if you want company on first ice, i would go with ya`s!!!
Whether I can pass that by the wife, well I might be dead before I get there!! lol :lol: :lol:
teppy

The info on this site is amazing, lets keep it that way!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:37 am 
Walleye Master

1032 Views. 32 posts. 5 were negitive. dont put down the board. thats just not right! sorry I mean you should not put down the board.. Grant you have drummed up alot of buisness from this board remember 98% who come here carry an Amature Statis. its just words my man dont let them sog up yer cornflakes! . Grizz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:58 am 
Walleye Master

I read alot of this and what would it do for me to comment any further.... you guys already have your opinions and that's your right.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:02 am 
Walleye Angler

Jason Grant and Grizz, I agree with everything you have said. This board is getting old quick. I can't belive this.

I have fished with jason, dereck, adil (aka quinte prince), Grant from G2 and a few others from this board and can honestly say that we do and will continue to come home from every ice fishing trip that we go out on. Not one of these people that I have mention would ever put their own lives let alone a clients life in danger...end of story. So....for Martycoo (which Mike I have never met in person) and everyone else on this board, GET A LIFE. I am not trying to stir the pot but come on, this all started bbecause of a reputible guide was saying he was fishing on 2.5 inchs of ice. And if anyone has a problem with it go $%^& your hat. You all have your own opinions and judgement (good or bad) so use your own judgement for yourself. Remember when your parents used to tell you if little Johnny jumped off the cliff does that mean you would do it to. Same ***!

This board is becomming a gongshow. If you don't want to/ or feel uncomfortable with the ice conditions do go out. Simple isn't it???

You have all these guys on here that monitor the computer screen and hide behind it, and just look for info from others to contribute and don't contribute anything for themselves (probly cause they couldn't catch a cold).

This post has gotten way out of hand all because someone said they were ice fishing already. Last year I was on the ice Dec 11th and catching fish. So to Grant I say great job, to all the ney sayers...GET A LIFE if u dont' feel comfortable going DON'T go out.

End this bull*%&^ thread cause it's not helping anyone.......!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:25 am 
Walleye Master

I will meet with everyone of you in person and discuss anything you want and wish......... but dont talk to me like Im a retard and have no common sense...... and whoever gave that OL BOYS comment is full of it, you guys are grouping up and doing the same thing ..... this board is great because we can say what we feel and wish because thats our right. I accept your points and do think you are good guides and fisherman, i jusst think alot of damage can be caused by posting during early ice!!!!!! I thought I said a bit much and I will apologize that I go over the line sometimes, sorry my father taught me to say it to your face and not behind your back............

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:40 am 
Walleye Fry

Although I haven't been out on the bay ice for a few years, I still like to read the reports with results, conditions, depths fished,lures used etc.
Ten to 25 years ago, I used to be out on first ice, sometimes just 2".Out with a spud, do your own gaffing cause your buddies had to stay 30' away,and back on shore before the sun got too high and loosened up the ice. I also won't say exactly where I was, but open water was in sight.
Again, it is what you feel safe on and knowing where the currents and thin spots are or might be. I would not go out on 4" of ice around Huffs or at the bridge in warmer weather just because of the unpredictability of conditions a foot away, but I would feel quite safe at the church with that much black ice. If you don't know, don't go.
If young kids are going to go on the ice because they saw someone out there then they were probably going to do it anyway.Those kids live on the water year around and should know better as THEIR RESPONSIBLE PARENTS should have taught and warned them about the dangers of ice and cold water.Otherwise the kids were not local and saw people on the ice from a vehicle and decided to go out. If they are old enough to drive then they should be responsible enough to make a decision about ice conditions.
Keep up with the good reports, too many good fishers as well as bussinesses have stopped posting here over the years due to being crapped on by a few.
If everyone was on shore instead of in the basement behind their computer, alot of the people would either just drive away or watch the fisherman, not resort to name calling.I was taught if you have nothing nice to say, then that is what you say. Nothing.
John

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hi grant i hope all is well with you and your crew,please dont leave this forum or stop posting here most of us have really enjoyed your posts and help around the board over the last few years and i know its hard not to take peoples comments personally as they are intittled to there opinion and have reasonable points as to safety for themselfes and other anglers around them.I will speak for myself by saying i know you were taking every bit of caution and you have alot of experience on the ice and you had safety near by you in case anything happened,like a partner and floating devices so on and so on,my point is that most of us that know you we know you wouldnt take any stupid chances if you know you were in danger or putting someone else in danger,when i was younger i new a peice of water as well that i would go out on in 2 or 3 inches of ice and only because it was 30ft from shore in 10ft of water and always had some saftey gear and with a buddy.no matter how we play or what we play there is always people that will push the limit to there sport or hobby and i myself would not go out on the ice for a while yet,i must say you are a master of your sport and i dont blame you for pushing the limits and way to go.that being said you did tell the people how much ice is out there and thats what counts is to inform people so they know what is out there,and that is unsafe ice for most.anyway bro take care and remember dont take some of these comments personally as alot of people are just concerned with safety and dont forget we all remember the people that do go down every year and leave us with a bad taste in are mouths.see ya soon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:39 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

1361-views 44- hits
here's mine
i once went ice fishing for perch on 3/4 inch of ice
good solid black/blue ice
of course i was only 10 months old and weighed 9 1/2 lbs
ok
guys i could not resist
lets all lighten up some and not
pee on someones rice krispeeeees
thankx for the chance to vent
:lol: :lol: :lol:
blue

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
banner ad