Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Mississagagon lake
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:45 pm 
Walleye

Hey guys i know it's not boq but I was looking at the stocking list and noticed that Mississagagon lake just off 506 has been stocked with 31,000 walleye within the past 3 years and was wondering if anybody has ever fished hat lake.

Thanks, Tyler

Post subject: Re: Mississagagon lake
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have seen some large walleye there but they are few and far between. Historically it had poor spawning locations. The smallmouth bass fishing and pike fishing did on the other hand seem to be quite consistent.

Napanee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:10 am 
Walleye Master

I have fished this lake for the last 5 years in a tournament a friend of mine has been putting on for 26 years. In my years of fishing this lake I have never seen a walleye caught during the tournaments. There'a a abundance of good size pike and average size bass throughout the lake, but fishing for walleye is difficult and usually unproductive.
Lake is deep, cold and has lots of variations for fishing from sharp deep drop offs along rock shorelines to stumpy areas and weedy areas which are few and far between. I was told Lakers were prominent for years there by the locals, but they say they are fished out now. I however, at the far east end of the lake marked monster arches in 80 feet of water and tried unsuccessfully to fish it to see what they were. The walleye fishing here is so bad the group has decided to move the tournament to another location .
I hope this helps.

[b][color=#00BFFF]Radioworld[/color
Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

The World is all about ass, you either kick it or lick it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 am 
Site Admin

I havent fished it for walleye only bass. It was a long time ago but i do remember how clear the water was. I would imagine that if you did fish it for walleye it would probably be tip ups and not the jigging style we use on the boq

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:18 am 
Walleye Wisdom

They can be caught ,but it is very spotty fishing , you would be better off fishing on Kashawakamac or Marble if you are going through the ice , gold champs , smaller size rule the day

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:07 am 
Walleye Angler

I would not be surprised if the arches that were marked were whitefish (they were there years ago too.....1983). It has puzzled me why MNR has not tried to repatriate lake trout there, or at least do some water analysis to see if it is a bit too acidic for them (I have also heard the lake trout storys from locals).

Napanee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 am 
Walleye Wisdom

this is an old topic...but i have a cottage up on this lake and ive only fished it once(small time)...i did have many many nice bites,i didnt plan fishing wheni was out star gazing with some rum in my paddle boat.....but jusging by the hits and action i got on my ultralight...ill be going back out in my ol paddle boat with some better 'tools of the trade' to see what champs lurk in my lake,lol
plus,if the pike is good like you say...maybe do some hardwater pike fishing sometime :)...what about trout is there any in there,im off otto lane area

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

Location: Frankford, Trent River, Kashwakamak, Deseronto, BoQ
My cottage is across the "road" from this lake. I know of a few bays and different areas with good spawning grounds for walleye. There is Alto of different structure and they aren't where you would expect them to be there as they would be in BoQ. Tip ups are the way to go with jigging usually only to bring them in. The area has been over fished for yearsbut is making a come back. I had good results and see good numbers coming for North Frontenac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:36 pm 
Walleye Angler

Location: Frankford, Trent River, Kashwakamak, Deseronto, BoQ
ps... you can access missisagagon from old hwy 506 and hit 60+ fow rite from the side of the hwy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:03 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

headed there this weekend..headed out from otto lane...hope i find a use for this garlic fish crisp i bought..only ONCE have i had a walleye on,but she let go ....fish or no fish i miss that ol paddle boat!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 pm 
Perch

So how did you make out years ago? I'm heading there tomorrow and will be trying my luck for a couple hrs hopefully. I'll hopefully hav something to writeabout

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 am 
Minnow

This is an old post resurfaced! I fished the lake for 2 weeks ever summer from 85 to 2002. If you want to catch walleye you have to fish at night. I had some great years and some not so great years and they usually coincided with the stocking. Stick to 20 - 25' of water and troll deep diving crank baits. My favourite was the number 5 fat rap in perch and crayfish. There are some big pike in the lake as well, if you are fishing during the day troll the same depths but use a wire leader! There are small and largemouth bass, whitefish, and tons of pan fish.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:00 am 
Perch

Well nothing but pan fish and a lot of them. Still great to be out there and scenery is beauty! Tried around the small islands in front of lancasters. Throwing big O and senkos didn't do the trick. I'll. be up again this year and hopefully with more luck

banner ad