Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:39 pm 
Just purchased the off-shore inline planner boars, no clue how to rig these up, can someone help?
I will be on BOQ Saturday trolling for my first 10+lb walleye.

any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: I'll give it a try
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:49 pm 
Guest,
anyone who has used these boards for a while have their favorite way of rigging them. Over time you will gain confidence and experiment with them. I'll just explain the a few basic steps
The boards are labelled "Right" or "Left" run the board off the side of the boat indicted on the board.
First step is to put your lure out like you are flatline trolling. Next, the line from the rod tip is connected to the clip at the front of the board (helps to form a loop then clip onto the loop). The line from the lure is clipped on the back clip. Now you're ready to set the board into the water and let line out slowly as you troll. The board will move out to the side (30-50ft.is norm) watch how board tracks through the water. if you notice the board starting to fall back behind boat grab the rod and start reeling as fish is taking the bait. Keep tight line on fish but dont horse the board in as the line will pop out of clips. Once board is up to the boat quickly release the line from clips and start fighting fish. There are tons of posts on the subject here just use the search function

banner ad
banner ad