banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hi guys and gals,

Just looking to guage how much interest there is in having a tournament in the Trent River with the same sort of rules as Andy's a couple of weeks ago. Thinking about 50 per team with 100% of money paid back out. Will have to see about the launch fees but other than that 100% paid back and the tournament would be held on the stretch of river between Frankford and Glenross???? Please respond whoever is interested.
Thanks

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:40 pm 
Walleye Angler

I would be interested paul in fishing it. What about the parking? Is there any baot launches up that way that can hold say 30 plus boats. Would be alot of fun to have one up there. Maybe even have one in Bradlys bay area?

Ima Lures Pro Staff (www.imalures.com)
Jakked Baits Pro Staff (www.jakkedbaits.com)
Stratos Boats Pro Staff (www.stratosboats.com)
Bay Marine (www.bay-marine.com)

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 pm 
Walleye Master

i am interested as well, depending on dates, thats great section of the trent, i have spent a ton of time on it. lots of big fish, and some huge musky as well.... i hate those dam things.... allways stealing my tackle...

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:54 am 
Walleye Master

There are 2 launches, there is one on Rosebush Road, it's a private home, parking for likely 30 boats and charges 5 bucks. The other is at Iroquois Trailer park some parking and don't know what he charges. Brix tourney was fantastic only problem there was no place to tie up for the award presentations and getting fed when the tourney finished. A lot of rafting took place and a lot of boats being held slightly off shore to prevent being banged up by the rocks, alot of guys just had to stay with the boats. Not sure if any of the parks on the west side of the river have launches or what they charge. Winning team last time not only brought in the biggest bag, the wife also jigged up a huge Musky. A good day for them. It was a great time except for the early morning fog, it was bad couldn't see 10 feet in front of your boat, a little delay in the start up.

[b][color=#00BFFF]Radioworld[/color
Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

The World is all about ass, you either kick it or lick it

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:24 am 
Walleye Master

Oh I would be interested in participating, need a ride though, boat in dry dock, yes again!

Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:52 am 
Walleye Angler

Hi guys,

I am thinking about Saturday Sept. /11 and using the boat launch on Rosebush road as well as doing the prises up there too. Yes it costs $5 to launch and whether I leave that to each individual to look after themselves, well haven't decided that yet. The biggest difference between this derby and Peter's will be this will be ONE fish per boat and it's going to cost $50 per team and the team will consist of 2 people. This tournament will also be a live release event and no dead fish will be weighed at all.

Paul

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 pm 
Walleye Angler

There is a launch in Frankford park. I believe it's new. It goes into the canal and i think u can get too that stretch of the river. Not sure how good the Rosebush launch is. It wasn't good in the spring.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:28 am 
Walleye

The launch Frankford launches into the canal and is across from the Oasis Gas Bar. From what I seen anyone with a bigger boat may have trouble as it dumps more less in off the sloped side of the Canal.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 am 
Walleye

the rosebush launch is good, i used it earlier this year for a small tournie up that way, no problem getting a 18ft bass boat in/out. like kev said i wouldnt use the oasis launch if you have a decent size boat. there are some hogs in that stretch of river, id be down for a tournie up there.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:44 am 
Walleye Angler

The launch i talked about is not across from the Oasis. There is a new launch on the other side of the river in the campground park.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:49 am 
Walleye

thats a pretty small stretch of river to fish and you would have to lock up to get to where they want to have the tourney between frankford and glen ross

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 am 
Walleye Angler

I believe that launch is in the outlet of the lock and u should be able too get too that stretch.

I will have too check it out closer. You are close by, maybe u could have a look.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm 
Walleye Master

The stretch between the #6 dam at Frankford and the #7 dam at Glenn Ross is at least a 10 mile run maybe more and lots of back alley's so there's lots of water to be fished. I lived in Glenn Ross for 2 years and launched my 21 ft. inboard at the Rosebush launch on every occasion, high water or low, there were a couple times I had to leave the dock with the Minn Kota but it's a reasonable location.

Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:12 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hi guys,

Am thinking about Sept.17/11 and using the boat launch at the old marina on Rosebush rd.
The launch itself is fine for big boats and small,it's close to some fantastic fishing but I am thinking still about one fish per team of two. In both stretches of river it can be good fishing and bad that's why I think with a one fish bag everyone has as good a chance as any other! I have caught some huge smallies and some real big largies as well. I think one fish should keep the small boats in the running with the big boys....
Remember it's still going to be a live release tourny with no exceptions.
Also thinking 8am to 3pm? Thoughts??
Just thinking about visibility. Could be foggy.
If there is enough interest I will be taking money in advance at my store Pita Pit, so lets decide soon

Paul

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:47 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Souds like a great day on the water to me I have fished that section of the river many times myself But with 30 boats maybe above glenross would be better more water to fish and island park may lets us use there boat launch

banner ad