banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:15 am 
Walleye Fingerling

i changed my mind last mind re wind, did anyone make it out how windy was it? thankx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:16 am 
Guppy

We where there Thur and Fri and left Saturday morning. Friday night the hotel we stayed at was full and there was at least 8 - 10 boats tied up and 3 or 4 more waiting to go in. But Saturday morning before we left only one boat ventured out. He just came in as we where about ot leave and he said there where 7 foot waves. They where out for about 1 1/2 hours and didn't get a bite. I'm assuming by the weather no one got out the rest of the day because the winds where supposed to increase. I know a few other guys from our club where staying until Sunday. I'll find out Monday how they made out.

banner ad
 Post subject: thanks for reply re wind
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:13 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

thankx for the info much appreciated, steve

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:17 pm 
7 footers eh! Hmmmm. They looked a lot more like 3,s and 4,s but if you say so.

banner ad
 Post subject: sunday nov 30th
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:21 pm 
Minnow

I was out on Sunday by the Glenora Ferry
The bay was fine, maybe a 2 ft waves, nothing that the the Crestliner couldnt handle. Hammered the 115 all the way back from the Ferry to Picton, hit 45 mph all the way back with no worries.

A little bumpy, but nothing to worry about. There were about 10 boats doing the circuit, most were higher end 17ft +

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:12 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Saturday was pretty much unfishable in front of the ferry. Sunday was great, a nice walleye chop. Yesterday started out OK and then we had a squall blow in like a rocket and pelt us with chunks of ice. When the waves were consistently 5 ft and some over 6 we decided to beat a retreat to the cement plant area. My glasses were iced over so I had to take them off and got smashed in the left eye by an "ice cube". It is as red as a plum today and not pleasant. The wind seemed to drop so back we went again. One drift and the gusts had to be over 70/80 clicks, waves over 6ft. A slow, lumpy ride to the cement plant once again, an hour in the outer harbour for two last fish and home we went. What a great place however, see Gerry's post once he gets it done.

banner ad
 Post subject: re report
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:05 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

it wounded great wish i had been there you have to love quinte in the fall, thanks for reports, steve i have to go this weekend as boat is in water cant have it frozen in three years in a row, i learn from mistakes eventually i hope lol.

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: re report
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:01 pm 
Walleye Angler

steve dover wrote:
i have to go this weekend as boat is in water cant have it frozen in three years in a row, i learn from mistakes eventually i hope lol.

What can I say? Sometimes you learn quicker, and sometimes you learn slower. And sometimes the most important lessons get ignored completely! No one is more familiar with this strange paradox than Dr. Piton himself, who is known to repeat errors from time to time.

However this truth remains - I am still not married.

Damn straight I'm not......

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:23 am 
Steve Dover,

I fished together with you and Tom on Tom's boat last Fall. If you are looking for a fishing partner this weekend, I am interested. I could meet you at the launch, or we could arrange to drive up together. Please call Tom, and you could get my phone number from him.

Henry

banner ad
 Post subject: re fishing this weekends
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:02 am 
Walleye Fingerling

im not sure if i have to work this weekend, yet, i'll likely get sun off though at the least so you are welcome to fish with me then imay also be there for sat but wont find out til friday nite, i pack my car with all my fishing equip and wait all shift to find out if i have to work the next day or not, if i dont have to work sat i'll leave from work and get to picton around 4 in the am. and sleep a couple hours and fish all day sat and sun. working weekends in the fall is real tough ive only been out 4 times, ive done the same as tom, but why shouldn't i as i steal his locations, lures, depths speed etc. he is my 20 foot sonar this fall as im not out enough to fool around so ive just done what he is having success with, so far he's still had a sense of humour about it. so i'll be a tip of bay fri and sat if at all possible but almost for sure at least sat nite. my cell phone number is 905 979 5642, thats best way to get ahold of me as i check messages on breaks etc, i wish i had more advanced notice of when i work but thats the way it is for now. , steve

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:18 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Pete, don't forget to let us know how it went with your dad on Wednesday....Goodluck!

banner ad