Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:36 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:41 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Hi All;

Hoping someone can guide me to some walleyes this time of year on the Bay. I am a local, just moved back to the area. I must have forgotten some of the tricks to fishing the BOQ since i was younger. I did great this season fishing some of the weed lines around that bay thanks to the help from some of the regulars.

Since the last few weeks, i haven't had much luck at all other than a few bass. Seems like the Walleyes are not in the same area, or have changed their feeding patterns and location. Someone told me to abandon the shallower weeds and head to deeper water and find the deep weedlines where the weeds would still be growing. This in turn would attract bait fish and the walleyes. I am not certain where these deeper weed lines would be in the bay. I usually fish from Trenton but mostly Belleville and primarily big bay as far as Trident point. Not too familiar with anything east of the narrows.

Can someone point me in the right direction to finding the eyes this time of year in the bay? i am having an awful time. Hoping to head out tomorrow morning to try Trident point again, but not too optimistic since i have been out about 3 or 4 times but can't seem to manage any eyes from there.

info@olendy.com if you prefer to email directly.

thanks much !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:32 pm 
Walleye Master

its tough still, your at least a month to early for the fall eyes every one is after, the big fish come into the bay from lake ontario, they are still far out in lake ontario, and havent started to come in yet, i am not sure what the water temp they need to come into the bay, but some one told me it was still like 15-20 degress to warm. that was two weeks ago.
the small resedient walleye are still around, just got to find them. those are the good eatters.
if you cant wait head to either kingston, or wellington..

when the eyes do start coming into the bay, guys start fishing the adophlstown reach, planner boards with deep diving cranks, seems to be the most productive pattern. also keep your eyes posted on this board, as you will often see guys post that they have open seats. great way to learn.

steve

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:35 pm 
Walleye Master

oh, if you can afford it, diffently sign up for the 2011 Fall Trophy Hunt - All inclusive Quinte fishing weekend put on by
west lake willows. the stuff you will learn that weekend, will save you alot of time, and make you a better angler.
sooner or later i will make it to one of these, but all the guys that go, have a amazing time, and are alot better anglers for it..

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:46 am 
Baitfish

biff wrote:
Hi All;

Hoping someone can guide me to some walleyes this time of year on the Bay. I am a local, just moved back to the area. I must have forgotten some of the tricks to fishing the BOQ since i was younger. I did great this season fishing some of the weed lines around that bay thanks to the help from some of the regulars.

Since the last few weeks, i haven't had much luck at all other than a few bass. Seems like the Walleyes are not in the same area, or have changed their feeding patterns and location. Someone told me to abandon the shallower weeds and head to deeper water and find the deep weedlines where the weeds would still be growing. This in turn would attract bait fish and the walleyes. I am not certain where these deeper weed lines would be in the bay. I usually fish from Trenton but mostly Belleville and primarily big bay as far as Trident point. Not too familiar with anything east of the narrows.

Can someone point me in the right direction to finding the eyes this time of year in the bay? i am having an awful time. Hoping to head out tomorrow morning to try Trident point again, but not too optimistic since i have been out about 3 or 4 times but can't seem to manage any eyes from there.

info@olendy.com if you prefer to email directly.

thanks much !

Hey Biff, don`t feel bad, i am also a local to the Trenton area (well 2 years now)
I fished the shoal across from Trenton 2 evenings this week, and didn`t get a single hit.

tried Wellers bay and got 3 fish in the boat.

I too am seeking help catching those fall eyes i have heard about for sooooo many years!

Perhaps we could search together in the near future.
cheeers

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:31 pm 
Walleye Master

Hey Hiscock Shores.. It's way too early for fall Walleye. Right now, stick to summer patterns. I was fishing for bass this weekend and ended up catching walleye in the weeds using bass techniques. (caught one on dropshot, wacky rigged worm) Maybe try fishing for bass, and you'll get a few eye's!!!! LOL

Good Luck.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:15 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Thanks everyone for the responses. I will stick to the summer patterns. I noticed that the weed fishing slowed down as of late, so i thought it was time to chase them elsewhere ... to deeper water maybe. I will go back and re-fish the weed lines around Belleville to Deseronto and see if i can get back on them.

thanks again everyone !

banner ad
banner ad