Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ICE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:33 pm 
Baitfish

Hit the Bay at 8.00am. It was dead calm and ice had formed all the way to the ferry. The only open water was the ferry's path from one side to the other. Drove back the the 401 via the Marysville Rd and again all ice even at the bridge. Hopefully with some warmer temps and wind it will open again.

Post subject: Monday Ice
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:50 pm 
Made it down to the ferry from Brighton with a neighbour about 1pm hoping for one last try at the BIG BOYS. Should have taken the hint when I pulled up behind a half ton in the waiting line with an ice hut on it.......Anyway only water open was the ferry path. Maybe a good wind or some rain will open again, but doubt it. The Leesson boys from Hamilton were also ahead of us in the line with their bass boat. They were going to give it a try. May have been able to find a spot were you could jig or cast. I wanted to troll and with all the ice and no room to manuever the boat, I did not feel like getting the boat and trailer all wet and freezing was in my best interest. It would take me a week to dry it out in the garage. Soooooo I dropped it off for winterizing. That's it for me this year, but it has been great; best fall I can remember since starting to come down to Quinte about 10 years ago.....Barry