Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:09 pm 
Walleye Angler

I am not sure how many other wives are abandoned every day and forced to wait for long periods of time while their husbands type away talking about the fish. The fish they caught, the fish they almost caught, the fish that they knew they would catch if they just had bought the right lure. And the list goes on and on. I have been able to pry my husband away long enough to post this message. I know in many ways I should be grateful that he is not spending this much time on "other"sites, but come on how much can there really be to say about fish anyway. They take way too long to catch, and when you do get one that is worth the fight, in most cases you have to throw them back as they are not suitable for eating anyway... If you ask me there is not a fish on the planet that is really worth the effort, though many of you spend most of your waking hours trying to figure out how to get the catch of your dreams. While you already caught her and she is still waiting for you to get off this blasted site and do the list of chores she handed you well over 6 weeks ago.. I love my man, but not his fish!!!! The weedman's wife (what a handle)

Post subject: Web Site
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:11 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Could be worse,

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

Post subject: Too much Time ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:33 pm 
Sounds like you got a real keeper there Weedman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:28 pm 
Walleye Angler

Oh man Weedman,

Joanne just got finished reading your wife's post (while I was in the basement stringing up all my new rods and reels :D ) and said she's gonna contact her and form a support group for neglected wives of fishing board readers! Ahhhh! Jo loves to fish too but apparently I've been ignoring her needs(???). What the heck are those? I thought I was just here to fish and pay the bills. :roll: Hey, I complimented her on how nice the sitting room looked after she painted it while I was fishing. Sheesh. You would think I was some sort of heartless b*stard or something. :twisted:

Ken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:03 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Weedman wrote:
I am not sure how many other wives are abandoned every day and forced to wait for long periods of time while their husbands type away talking about the fish. The fish they caught, the fish they almost caught, the fish that they knew they would catch if they just had bought the right lure. And the list goes on and on. I have been able to pry my husband away long enough to post this message. I know in many ways I should be grateful that he is not spending this much time on "other"sites, but come on how much can there really be to say about fish anyway. They take way too long to catch, and when you do get one that is worth the fight, in most cases you have to throw them back as they are not suitable for eating anyway... If you ask me there is not a fish on the planet that is really worth the effort, though many of you spend most of your waking hours trying to figure out how to get the catch of your dreams. While you already caught her and she is still waiting for you to get off this blasted site and do the list of chores she handed you well over 6 weeks ago.. I love my man, but not his fish!!!! The weedman's wife (what a handle)

Hey Weedman....she answered her own question didn't she :?: "and do the list of chores she handed you well over 6 weeks ago"........What more reason to go fish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: too much time
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:56 am 
Walleye

Ken most of us that know you also know that when it counts Jo anne catches the money fish.congrats on fall fishing and thanks for the tips till later Fatman

Post subject: Time to cast her away
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:31 am 
Site Admin

Weedman's Wife,

You sound just like my wife but fortunately she is learning to accept that fishing is a big part of who I am. She used to say "When we met you never fished this much" or " You're going fishing AGAIN!! you just went the other day" and finally the big one "You love fishing more than you love me, you never say 'I love you' to me its just fishing.. fishing.. fishing.."

I told her " I dont need to say I love you. The day we got married I looked you straight in the eye and said I love you. If anything changes I'll let you know". LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:37 pm 
Walleye

Just read Weedmans Wife's post to my wife :D

She said she agrees, What the Heck dose that mean??????? Great post :lol: The Honey-moon is over 8O

Big-O(Phil)<!!!!><

Post subject: Re: too much time
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:02 pm 
Walleye Angler

fatman wrote:
Ken most of us that know you also know that when it counts Jo anne catches the money fish.congrats on fall fishing and thanks for the tips till later Fatman

You know she has to with her spending habits :wink: Good to hear from ya'. Can't wait to stop in for that roast beef again.

Cheers
Ken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

DanElliot wrote:
Weedman's Wife,

You sound just like my wife but fortunately she is learning to accept that fishing is a big part of who I am. She used to say "When we met you never fished this much" or " You're going fishing AGAIN!! you just went the other day" and finally the big one "You love fishing more than you love me, you never say 'I love you' to me its just fishing.. fishing.. fishing.."

I told her " I dont need to say I love you. The day we got married I looked you straight in the eye and said I love you. If anything changes I'll let you know". LOL

Man,

this post is going to be the end of me yet! Jo just read Dan's post and said/demanded, "Ha! Tell me you love me!" I suppose lauging my arse off with beer coming out of my nostrils was not the desired response :oops: Couch bound tonight....... :evil:

Ken & ????? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:37 pm 
Walleye

Dear Weedman's better half, I let my better half read the posts,now I have a list of chores.But that's OK with me,she knows I love her, I take her on drives with me to check the ice for icefishing every year,I let her help every spring get the boat ready and take a nice boat ride in April. As for fishing every Feb.14,I ask her to spend time with me jigging and go to the Spring Fishing Show in TO.Summer we spend nice evenings trolling by the moonlight. I guess what I'm trying to say,SHE KNEW WHAT I DID before we met,she didn't fine me in a bar.Our second date was in my fishing boat one beautiful morning.AHH the romance of fishing. Oh Dan I will be changing my password!!!! only kidding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

Well, it's been a real treat to read all the responses to my wife's post, including some of you brave guys who let your wives (or significant others) read it, before responding. My wife really is an amazing woman, she just finds my zeal for the finned species quite curious. Glad she was able to bring some humour to the board, she's thinks it's great her post had so many views. I'm back to stay now, guess I better just look over my shoulder every once a while to see if she's waiting to pounce on my keyboard. Let's get back to fishin', tight lines all.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:39 pm 
Guppy

:lol: :lol: Well my ex-wife, catch the 'ex' part, didn't like my outdoor activities so I told my current wife straight off... :wink: ...next to my fishing, hunting & my dog...she'd come first!!!!!!!!! :) We have a great marriage..........Brampton Mike 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:13 pm 
Guppy

After reading this thread I came to realilize just how lucky I am. My wife for 7 years, tomarrow's our anniversary, spoils me rotten. She moderates my fishing messageboard, first mates on charters with me occasionaly, goes to shows, and even picks up a few lures for US here and there while she is out shopping.
Thanks for pointing out how lucky I am. :D And no guys, she doesn't have a sister.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:37 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Hey Steve, welcome aboard :!: I just ran across your board the other day. Hopefully it'll come in handy if/when I make it down to Southern Ontario again.

As for my wife and this board. I guess she figures better this than out at the bar knockin' back a pint or two! She has her limits though.... Chores still have to get done :lol: ... What she's unaware of is my plans for a lot more ice fishing this year! Woo Hoo!