Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: One more time for 2011
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:58 am 
Guppy

Hey folks,

Looking to get out at least one more time this year for some bass action. I have yet to fish Quinte for bass and have heard (and seen) nothing but great things about it.

Hoping someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction for some bass (and walleye) action on the western side of the Bay. I am coming in from the GTA east region and would like to know where to launch as well.

I run a 17ft Triton, so not looking for big water action. Just a chance at some fish. Mixed bags are always fun this time of year.

Areas on the Western side to focus on ???

Thanks

Cheers and tightlines

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:59 am 
Walleye Catcher

Not sure if the bass are still on, but caught a slew of LARGE ones in big bay this year near south shore of Big island and point anne shoals I would imagine that the cold weather has moved the fish off the weeds by now.

For walleye, you could try the Trent River. This time of year usually has them back near the mouth in the deep holes. At least, we usually catch them at night, and large ones, but i don't know if they are there now. Your best bet is to come into trenton via the wooler road turn off and keep going south on 40 to hwy 33 then follow to Picton. Big Walleyes there and i have found some HUGE perch on some of the shoals if you want some table fare

Theres a dock in trenton downtown by the arena, not sure if the dock is in or not. There is also a pretty good ramp in belleville at the end of Herchimer street where you can get to Big Bay or the Bay Bridge.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:12 am 
Walleye Master

weed beds along big island and pt anne for largies and telegraph narrows and deseronto bridge for smallies

banner ad