Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:46 pm 
Guppy

I was planning a trip for Picton area for Nov 5th & 6th with my son to hunt down the elusive monster walleye. We had an open seat on Saturday & Sunday as we wanted to have as many rods in the water as possible. I posted for the opening & had two members reply. Young_one & cannitro482. They were keen to know how much I wanted for gas & what could they bring. I think they were surprised that all I wanted was there company & to bring their lunch & fishing licence. We were staying at Twin Peaks motel in Nappanee. Excellent accommodations as recommended by many others on this board. The plan was to meet at 6:00am at the ramp in Picton. Our neighbours at the motel happen to be Grant & Ed from G2 Angling. They advised it may be tough because of a 40 boat tournament blasting off from Picton harbour. We took our chances & launched with no traffic as we were the first ones thereā€¦other than our guest young_one as he was sleeping in his truck waiting for us to arrive. We set out in the dark by 6:30am. It turned out to be a fantastic day weather & fishing. We all had a great time, young_one was a pleasure to have on the boat. It was a slow day fishing, tried Hay Bay, Shermans Point,Thompsons Point, & East of the ferry. We ended the day with one 7lbs Walleye and a Sheep head, both taken in the reach near the bat cave. The colour was purple TD11 for both fish.

Sunday
The plan was the same except it was getting lighter an hour earlier. We met cannitro482 at the ramp. This time we decided to head to the same location we hit fish on Saturday. Also being advised that most of the fish caught up by Hay Bay were caught in the afternoon. By 2:00pm we had one Walleye 7-lbs & two 8-lbs. All were caught on purple. One off the rigger with a purple matrix spoon. All by making several passes over the same area. We then headed for Hay Bay and trolled for an hour with no luck. Once again we had a great day and cannitro482 was a pleasure to have on board with us. I want to give a big thanks to the board as it allowed us to make two great new friends. Thanks again guys.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:07 pm 
Walleye Master

Looks like good time had!!! Congrats on the 7's and 8's!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:10 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thanks once again Skipper. I had an awesome time with you guys and I can't thank you enough for the experience you gave me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:13 am 
Walleye Angler

Looks like a great day on the water!
Grillzy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:24 am 
Walleye Master

Great report !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:04 am 
Site Admin

Hey that was an awesome report thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Great Report and pics Skipper Sam and Crew! I too had the pleasure of meeting young_one at his work place a few weeks ago :)

Aadil :mrgreen: