Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:28 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Report on Nov.5 fishing
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:11 am 
Minnow

Hi! Guys, Well, just call me Mary - as in "Mary had a little lamb". :lol: Got on the water around 7:30am and the plan was to search the Reach, Thompson point, Sherman's Point, up and down. And all we brought up was lambs - Each time I kept thinking walleyes, walleyes, walleyes, and each time NO! just a lamb. Threw everything at them but the kitchen sink (and would have threw that if I had it) :lol: , tried lots of different things speed, color, size, etc. That's fishing!!! It was a nice day on the water. Met someone from the board from Whitby but forgot to ask his name - so if you read this please let me know who I was talking to. Hope everyone had a better day on the water yesterday than I did and good luck today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:26 pm 
Baitfish

got to the picton launch at 7am Sat morning..... froze up.... crap.... good thing I had some salt we got the truck out that was stuck and got us and a bunch of other guys out..... trolled up to the light house... marking lots of fish and changed colours on the TD 11's and reff runners and speeds along the way..... ending up jigging with night cralwers off thompsons and got a couple silver bass and perch for our efforts..... 3 guys .1 boat lots of beef jerkey and gatorade to keep hydrated in the beautiful weather..... could not have asked for a nice day out with my dad and buddy Jim. Saw 1 big hawg pulled from the icey cold water around 10 am (16ft Sylvan tan and grey) nice catach guys.....heard a few hoots and hollars couple other being caught once we got the the launch...... well guys thats it for me this year on the soft water ... only day trips and that gets tirresome coming from Niagara. Goood luck out there I look forward to the posts.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:04 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey Mary. It was nice to meet you. Corey is the name. We had an OK kind off day. 2/4 on the troll with the largest EYE being a 5 1/2lbs'r.
Our bites came off of short leads, I'm talking no more then 30ft back behind boards, with no real colour preference. We decided to do some jigging late in the afternoon and managed to put a dozen or so smaller wally's in the boat. Couldn't ask for a nicer day with low winds and blue bird skies.

I fish cuz it keeps me sane!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:30 pm 
Walleye

it was a beauty day we managed 5/5 by 9:30 and called it quits early only two eyes a 6 n 9 no real pattern or colour for the day but couldnt ask for a nicer day for weather in november! you had some nice pics corey was that Seans first eye or just pb? I bet you and him were pretty excited! does he have the fishing flu now? lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:43 pm 
Walleye Angler

That was his first QUINTE EYE and his PB. It was exciting as the whole planerboard method was new to him, aside from me explaining it to him while watching FLW on WFN. So needless to say he has caught the bug!
We'll be out again tomorrow to give it another go. Hopefully this moon will get them feeding again.

I fish cuz it keeps me sane!