Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Mild Spell
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:08 pm 
Walleye Angler

Just looking over the forecast and the weather we've come through the past few days. Do we have a shot at any open water say out around the ferry and east? Has anyone been down the past couple days to take a look. I mean we're up to 50 deg. Sunday. One can dream of another shot at those walleye in open water, can't he?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:11 pm 
Walleye

Hey Weedman!!

I asked Superdad the same question when he posted is Merry X-mas post :D Still waiting for a answer , My boat is still in the driveway ready to go , Just waiting for someone to say there is open water at Ferry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If you find out if there is open water let us know :wink:

Big-O(Phil)<!!!!!!><

Post subject: What is happening???
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:54 pm 
Ok locals.....lets here it? have we got open water?? The boat is ready to go!! Looks like the forecast is calling for + temps all the way till next weekend??

Lance

Post subject: Open Water
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:38 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

We have open water in Kingston; BUT, I don't think anyone wants to fish in Downtown Kingston.

I'm too far to see the BoQ from my 5th floor apartment.

I'll be out on New Years Eve and will see Hay Bay and I'll drive around the North Shore Road and give a report.

Best I can do

Tight Lines and keep your boats in the driveways and you ice rod ready.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

Post subject: Mild Spell
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:09 am 
Walleye Angler

Thanks Superdad, really appreciate your effort. And please, if someone is keeping this a secret from us, please spill the beans. We want to go..... need to go fishing. Just picked up a few more lures for Christmas as well that would love to get wet. Cheers,

Post subject: Open Water
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:20 am 
Walleye

Weedman Don't know about the open water try calling Glenora marina 1-613-476-2377 they are near the ferry should be able to help.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:45 pm 
I just spoke to Larry at Glenora Marine. He fixed our motor last month and got it running sweeter than it has ever run since we bought the boat! He says there is plenty of open water in front of him, though there is some ice against the shore at his place, and at any rate he has blocked off his boat ramp for the winter.

He took a walk outside while I waited on the phone, and told me that there is open water all the way down from the little island just east of him to as far as he can see eastward. "If there's open water here, it's open all the way to the lake," he said.

He also looked up the phone number of the ferry - 613-476-2641 - but all I got was an answering machine.

At any rate, my dad and I are going for it! We'll be fishing all day tomorrow [Sunday the 28th] I'm assuming we'll be able to launch at the ramp on the Adolphustown side of the ferry, but if not, we'll be able to get in at the ramp a few miles farther east in Adolphustown.

The winter ferry schedule has the ferry leaving Glenora on the hour and half hour, and leaving Adolphustown on the :15 and :45 of each hour.

It's your last chance, so be there, or be square!

Cheers,

Pete

[Arg. What is wrong with this website? I can't log in, tried to get a new password, it was emailed to me, but it won't work! * Dan - HELP! * Can you email me whatever password the system has for me now, one that works, please? peterzabrok@cogeco.ca ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:50 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Ah Pete :!: your doing it again...Livin' on the edge, Oh How I wish I were there as well.....Don't forget to rub our noses in it when you get back :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Good luck :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:39 pm 
Walleye

Hey Pete

If I can find a fishing partner in Ottawa I will be there tomorrow morning too :lol: I hope to launch at the Glenora Ferry. I never found the launch at Adophustown , so I'll try the Ferry Hope I can talk someone into going asap I will have a cobra type radio with me if I go and will be on channel 4 I have a black and tan Legend boat with a 90 merc on the back and two down riggers :D HOPE TO SEE YOU AND YOU DAD OUT THERE TOMORROW

Tight lines

Big-O(Phil)<!!!><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:51 pm 
Walleye

Hi guys

I found a fishing partner , so we will be a the ferry around 9:00 am :lol: I'm hoping the ramp is ok I heard it was in good shape .......time will tell :lol: :lol:

Big-O(Phil)<!!!><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:06 am 
Voice of Austin Powers as spoken to Wall-I-Guy:

"No, bay-bee, you've got it all wrong .... this is me living on the edge....."

Resume regular Hoser voice: And like, those little white dots three thousand feet below me are buses and motor homes, eh?

banner ad