Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: managed a few today
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 pm 
Walleye Angler

me and a buddy went out from potters creek this am and managed to put 2 nice eaters 2.5lbs on the ice, my buddy also lost one at the hole!! the fishing was slow and most people were off the ice by 830-900am

the ice was not great with 5-6 inches, but most is frozen snow it was consistant thickness in every hole we punched

Oh and you gotta love the guys that come out at 745-8am and set up right beside you, if your gonna come later don't setup within 5 feet of guy trying to fish (dip sh-it in a pop-up deer blind that made constant noise for 20mins seting up!!! if ur on here, use ur head next time a little distance would be great!)

PS deer season is over!!!!lol

Post subject: managed a few today
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Sorry vex for being so close I thought that being in a camo deer blind that I would be in stealth mode and you wouldnt see me. I guess my next blind should be snowy oak. Do they make blinds that look like a red or green bouy . :-) it wasn't me but if someone was that close to me I'd just start drilling holes around the perimeter of their hut :-)

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: managed a few today
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 pm 
Walleye

Hey we weren't fishing we were hunting....those were buck grunts you heard!! ;)

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:35 am 
Walleye Master

Not everyone was born a fisherman. and not everyone has the money to lay out for all the right toys. its amazing what you will see when yer out there. perhaps this guy was thinking there is nothing wrong with what he did. maybe he was just thinking its safer to be close to someone I guess we will never know but i doubt he will step up and say it was him out there in his deer blinde. Its true we dont own the ice maybe thats why you didnt walk over and educate the guy a little but rather choose to pick on him here instead. i guess the only thing that could have been worse was if he punched a hot hole and out fished you 10 to 1 lol . the ice sucks guys, this will bunch people into an area...... i can hardly wate for the good ice to come then i can sit and watch machines zip past me one by one pulling nice shacks with all the gear drilling 5000 holes in a day covering 10 miles on the bay. now i ask you are they better guys because they have a nice shack, and a 8000 dollar ATV ?? expessaly when you see them coming from 3 miles away just to pull up to 30 feet from you drill a hole fish for 10 minutes and drive off again knowing you walked out 600 yards drilled 3 holes and fish there all day long. Oh well is what it is I guess

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:47 am 
Walleye Master

What it is, is a great idea, the shelter that is, not the setting up 5 feet beside someone. Never thought of using my deer blind as an ice shelter. Thanks for the tip. Now that I think about it, it's probably the exact same thing as the ice shelters anyway, except with a cooler looking colour. Anyone know where you can get ice anchors in the area?

BTW, congrats on the eaters.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:55 am 
Walleye Fry

I can appreciate your frustration. A Deer Blind - nah - how about a Portable Johnny.
I was out on Simcoe a few years back, heard this grinding noise comin right at me - went out cause it sounded like a plane - and I'm serious it scared the crap out of me - Low and behold an old Jeep Willis minus the muffler and windows - towing a Johnny on the Spot :o .
Where did he set up - about 40 feet away. Left the dam Jeep running while he fiddled with his "Hut" then drilled 4 holes. Ignorant - yep - after I made a "kind" remark, he informed me I did not own the lake :roll: . I told him he wasn't too considerate - but have to admit - he was much bigger than me so I did not push it.
Half hour later he started up his ride and pulled away leaving 4 - 10" holes in the shape of a square - unmarked along with a 2 foot - 2 x 4. What a moron.
bobby

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:24 pm 
Walleye Angler

im not knocking his shelter id use my deer blind instead of a popup its the same thing but cheaper than a pop up ice hut!!!!! but setting it up so close u can pickup his bait on ur flasher is retarded

as for going over to talk to the guy its not worth my time!!! I cant make him move so if he tells me to flip off all I can do is A) walk away.... or B) drop him!!!

I deal with clowns all week long at work so on my days off i couldnt be bothered!

cant wait for better ice to get the bike out and get away from the clowns!

the fish were tasty tho

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:30 pm 
Walleye

maybe if you politely explained he was making alot of noise and scaring the fish away or offered him some quick
tips to avoid the frustration from the get go,im sure we all hate how certain people act on the ice/water but it is what it is
just make the best of it,when they hand you lemons you make lemonade.

banner ad