banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:20 am 
Goby

I want to head out this weekend, but don't want to go swimming! Anyone know how thick the ice is in those 2 spots?

Thx
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:58 am 
Walleye

Trenton is a no go after the rain the ice is thinned out!! But in belleville potters is pretty good there was about 6 to 8 inches there and aikins road there is maybe 4 inches. The warm weather is not helping us at all big island has the most ice so far. But please use caution out there the ice thickness changes very quick use a spud and a floater suit. Hope this helps and tight lines.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 am 
Walleye

was out at aikins on the weekend 6 inches of ice out there and Trenton i have no clue how much ice is there but there has been ppl out there everyday for the last 2 weeks only about 3 huts out there and seen a 4wheeler out there yesterday at about 4 pm im not telling ppl to just run right out there im just saying what i seen i work right on the bay watch ppl out there all day im going to go there Saturday will tell you how the ice is

fish tales

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:11 am 
Walleye

any reports on point anne?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 am 
Walleye Angler

I was speaking with a guy that was ice boating in Trenton. I seen the atv out there as well from my house and jumped in the car to have a closer peak. He said that where they are there is 8-10" but that is along the north west shoreline. the middle of the channel is not safe. He advised the middle of the channel is not safe. He said he has been flying along on his ice boat along that shoreline. I have not been out on the ice to verify but there have been huts out there daily. Ive also heard that Duffrin to Indian island was 8-10" as well. My neighbor pulled a 6lb eye from up by the island plus some large perch last Sunday.
Don't take anyone's word for it if you go out check often to avoid falling in the drink.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:08 am 
Walleye Catcher

There was a hut again this morning setup at the mouth of the Trent in the middle, feet away from the open water..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 am 
Walleye Angler

It must be about the rush. chance of getting a nice eye or a a chance of taking a dunk under the ice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:51 pm 
Baitfish

Hey guys, I'm planning on going out tomorrow, either going to big bay or petes point, does anyone know the current ice conditions for those areas.? I want to go to huffs, but I don't want to go swimming. Thank guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 pm 
Perch

big bay is your best ice. Petes is ok until you get out toward cow island. The ice deminishes quickly in the channel and with this rain and warm temps you could go from 8-2 in 50 yards.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:46 pm 
Walleye Angler

I know a guy that went through the ice on his sled at pt anne on monday, even after he was told he was crazy to be running around down there, i have not been to pt anne myself because in past years with colder weather and better conditions it has been a bit dicy. cant tell a know it all anything lol. If u in that area apparently he has divers and some other crazies planning on trying to get it out on saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm 
Walleye

paro wrote:
It must be about the rush. chance of getting a nice eye or a a chance of taking a dunk under the ice.

Those are not fisherman in the mouth of the trent river.......those idiots are called "statistic's"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:40 pm 
Walleye Angler

bigeye wrote:
Hey guys, I'm planning on going out tomorrow, either going to big bay or petes point, does anyone know the current ice conditions for those areas.? I want to go to huffs, but I don't want to go swimming. Thank guys.

huffs long reach is done. Extremely bad no chance for fishing there this weekend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:38 pm 
Walleye Angler

Quote:
Those are not fisherman in the mouth of the trent river.......those idiots are called "statistic's"

lol i agree

banner ad