Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Weekend on Quinte
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:14 am 
Guppy

Well like most of you out there we showed up Friday with big plans and big dreams that maybe this would be the year....After all I had personally been going through my notes from previous years and making changes to my strategies and approaches that I would use this year, carefully reviewing wind conditions, barometric pressures, studying the Lowrance maps and marking out my "run and gun" approach. Armed with a whack of new lures and a positive approach I was sure we would get onto them. Well come Sat we headed out early and fished all the spots I had figured would be producing .... from Picton to Deseronto and everywhere in between....from planer boards running TD9, TD11, worm harnesses, bottom bouncers and a bevy of other lures we had no luck. Back at the cabin over a couple of different bevies we contemplated as to where we went wrong and decided that it wasn't us it was the fish they were just not biting. Sunday will be better lets eat get some sleep and head out refreshed in the morning.
Up and out early Sunday and headed straight to Ram Island on the Flats 12 FOW. Trolling bottom bouncers and worm harnesses we got 3 in less than an hour in the 3-4 lb range....the curse was over and we finally had boated a few...maybe the conditions were better after the full moon last night and the water wasnt as rough...headed out past the Picton ferry to deeper waters but couldnt get into them...there was one area they seemed to be stacked up but they would not take our offering. Trolled around Picton Bay/ cement plant and some of the bay areas hit a pike about 5lbs but no more walleye. It can be tough this time of year and a day or two can make a huge difference to the fishing. There will be many other trips from Guelph to my favorite lake this year and I know it will only get better as the season gets under way and the fish get more settled to their summertime haunts.
Congratulations to the winners and to everyone else that went out and gave it their all...FISH ON !!!!!

Post subject: Re: Weekend on Quinte
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:25 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

its nice to see you got a few fish,it was tough going out there for the most people i talked to.I worked like a dog for a very few fish as well.

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: Weekend on Quinte
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:36 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Glad to see you got some fish, worked your plan but the conditions play a LARGE part in whether it works or not, Like us, our plan didn't work out as they were close mouthed.

David aka Superdad

banner ad
banner ad