Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:22 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Upper bay report
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:41 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Well its been a hard few weeks to find Walleye in the upper bay. Varied techniques and at least 6 outings with no more than 1 eye to show per outing. I figured i would head out early this morning after fishing Rice Lake for the last few days with great success, and try to beat the myriad of boats and PWC's that would be zinging around the bay. I managed to track down a school of eye's chasing shad on some weed flats in great numbers.

I hit the water at 6am, had my limit by 8 am... all in all, 9 Walleye, many lost, 7 bass (released!), 2 Sheep and a 7 lb pike to boot ! Man what a great day. The fish are not in the usual spots this year. I had to really search but managed to find them on the weed flats in 7-10 FOW. I was nailing 2 fish per pass and lost just as many

Pretty good day considering i didn't even have to venture farther than Belleville / Big Bay. Water was flat, the weather was beautiful !!! Caught fish on spinners, cranks, jigs and fergies.

Post subject: Re: Upper bay report
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:57 am 
Walleye

Well done biff !! Can't make it down to Quinte anytime soon but Rice is close. Off topic a bit but did you use the same techniques there and which section of Rice did you target and time of day? been there midday to 4 and 530 till 10 with no luck with worm harness, jigs and cranks. Any tips, I was in Bewdley to the tracks.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:09 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Any of the weedlines will hold a few. I targeted the gores landing area along the channel weed lines as well as the weed lines around west grape island. Live target cranks, jigs and fergies work great. i have personally caught them all day. It seems the sun drives them into the weeds a bit deeper. Fishing Rice is so much different than fishing the BOQ. It is nice to switch it up though.

The last few days have been on fire around Belleville / Pointe Anne. Was out this morning with the neighbor, caught 8, kept 3 nice, lost a 4-5 lb'r at the boat !

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:28 am 
Walleye Catcher

great report, thanks for sharing the details!

some dandy looking eaters you got there!

banner ad