Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:25 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just how it should be
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:48 pm 
Walleye Angler

I went fishing in the Bay of Quinte today. Launched at the Trent river by the Arena at 5:30 AM, which by the way the ramps could use some attention. I caught some nice bass off the Air Base shore for a while then zipped over to Onderdonk and trolled for some Eyes. There was a few other boats trolling up and down the chanel too but I didn't see or have any success. Some super fast bass boats flew past doing about a 1000MPH which vered way out around us, I waved, they waved back, they are awesome looking units. By 9:30 the sun started to really cook so I headed in and there was a guy at the launch having some problems getting his boat off his trailer because of the huge rock pile under his trailer wouldn't let the boat float off, again if Trenton wants to pretend to be a fishing Capital then put a little effort into cleaning up bottoms of the launches. I gave him a hand then he offered to give me a hand laoding mine but it went on without any trouble. I pulled up to the parking lot away from the ramp to tie it down and an elderly fella asked me to help him reposition his boat on the trailer which I was glad to do. We briefly chatted about the fishing and the weather and went on our way. Everyone seemed to be getting along real well, just how it should be. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:49 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Sounds like a nice day. And i had to work :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:43 pm 
Walleye Master

Hey Hutchy, you didn't happen to notice if they took that dam fence down today...

Glad to hear you had a great day!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:26 pm 
Walleye Catcher

both ramps on the East side of the river are horrible. I tried to launch on the weekend and only found the 1 launch furthest to the south by the Area/park deep enough to get into. You would think Trenton might put some better launches in. The one up by the Police station has a 4-5" drop at 1' in. Its not good.

I was curious if anyone was catching any walters around Onderdonks. There is some decent looking structure there, but have not heard of any reports. Indian Island bank comes off the deep hole out from there up to really shallow. It looks good on a map, but never tried it.

Post subject: Just how it should be
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:48 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Don't waste your time in the Trenton area this time of year unless you want tiny tiny Walters .... Go east young man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 am 
Walleye Angler

rtkman, 6-4 Monday to Thursday, I get every Friday fishing, low compitition on the water and ramps, eat your heart out, lol.

Adventure, I couldn't drive my boat up that far to see the fence, too shallow. Did they put an access door in it for the spring Natives to cross? If not then my guess is it will come down next spring, one way or another.

banner ad