Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:36 am 
Walleye Angler

$1,000 Fine For Out-of-Season Fishing Offences NEWS October 18, 2012
An Aurora man has been fined $1,000 for catching and keeping muskellunge (muskie) and walleye out of season. Yuping Gao pleaded guilty to catching and retaining fish during the closed season under the Ontario Fishery Regulations.
Court heard that on May 6, 2012, before the seasons for walleye or muskellunge were open in the area, a conservation officer observed Gao fishing at Mitchell Lake in the City of Kawartha Lakes. Upon inspection, the officer located one muskellunge and four walleye in a tub in the rear of Gao’s vehicle. Two of the walleye and the muskellunge were of a prohibited size to retain. Justice of the Peace Jason Mariasine heard the case in the Ontario Court of Justice, Lindsay, on October 5, 2012. In Fisheries Management Zone 17, the walleye season is open from the second Saturday in May until November 15; the muskellunge (muskie) season is open from the first Saturday in June until December 15. For further information on fishing regulations, please consult the 2012 Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary, available at ServiceOntario/Government Information Centres, from licence issuers and at ontario.ca/fishing. To report a natural resources violation, call 1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667) toll-free any time or contact your local ministry office during regular business hours. You can also call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:46 am 
Walleye Angler

Guy deserves a lot more *** than 1000 dollar fine. Should be put in jail and lifetime fishing ban

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 am 
Walleye Angler

I'd also like to see his fine larger as well...1000 for each out of season...1000 each for out of slot size.
I don't agree to a lifetime ban you get less for murder,lol, maybe a 3yr ban then if is caught again to refuse his right to fish as well as refuse his outdoor card for life.

Pro Staff- Larry The Lizard Custom Baits
Canadian Rep/Distributor Larry The Lizard Custom Baits
Pros Staff- Woo Tungston
Pro Staff- Liquid Mayhem
Pro Staff- Gino's Pizza & Spahgetti

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:08 pm 
Jumbo Perch

I agree, fines for breaking fishing and hunting regulations should be much higher. Particularly in this case where the person is fishing out of season. For repeat offenders lifetime bans should not be out of the question.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:12 pm 
Walleye

Definitely deserves a bigger fine, just to make sure he gets the message, lifetime is too extreme for a first offence. I'am amazed at how many people think that all you need is a fishing liscence and you can go fish where, whenever and for whatever you feel like. A little education with the liscence would probably be beneficial.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:13 pm 
Guppy

why do some people think thats ok

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 pm 
Walleye Fry

martin d28 wrote:
why do some people think thats ok

Not to label but from what I see here in town "they" don't care what so ever and not to stereo type but.... You look at "their" country and the over fishing that has taken place and current situation and... well...

You expect it to be otherwise here? I am far from racist I have lived and worked in Toronto most of my life and I am currently with someone who is from "other" decent.

Not "all" are like this but too many are. The pier by bay bridge is riddled with garbage that I can't even read the packaging to and I have seen many things where I wish I had a cell phone And almost got into a fight one day because there were several of them so I went to the other side and the guy moved to my side and totally casted across my line to get me out of there because "they" had the end to themselves. Not cool and I let him/them know it. I was by myself and told him straight out if his kids were not present he would have been swimming.

Sad times we live in. Go check out the damn in Hastings one day.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:38 pm 
Walleye Master

In situations like that Chris i always rely on the universal language. They understand it quit well especially those that cant swim. I see it all the time as well in Wellington and Picton and it makes me sick. A new Hot Spot for them is the old train bridge on Consecon Lake " The Millennium Trail " . Garbage to no end and tones of it. The wife and i spent the better part of the day there with the ATV on our annual trash bash and pulled 18 bags of garbage out to the road for pick up. I always bring a shovel for all the fish carcases as they are to gross to be picking up as well as human waste "Yea you read it right". This year when we were out we had a major issue with the guys blocking the bridge so i could not get across with the bike and trailer. I asked them several times politely to move all there tackle boxes, rods, etc etc to the side of the bridge but they chose to pull the No speak English crap and enjoyed a good laugh at my expense. I however always enjoy the last laugh and that was when i told Donna to hold on tight and proceeded to run over everything i could find blocking my path across the bridge. I even had to turn around and go back for the ones i missed. It is amazing how fast people can move when forced to....As my Old Buddy Grizzly would say. Just living the dream baby, just living the dream..... Have a nice day Y'all....... Fred " The Problem Child "

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

banner ad
banner ad