Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Deseronto boat launch
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:21 pm 
Walleye

Well I called the town of Deseronto today to express my concerns about the boat launch and the first thing the guy asked me "is this about the hole and the hump" and I said yes. He explained to me that they do the best they can to fix this problem. They pull the hump back down into the hole and the hump gets built back up from "people power loading there boats". I said maybe they should put a sign up to stop people from power loading, I know it won't stop everyone from doing it but it is a start. He said they are all ready thinking about doing that. He said they have to be careful working near the water as they need a permit to do any work in the water. He was going to pass my concerns on to the street supervisor.
I think anyone who is using this launch should call and express there concerns as the more people complaining might get the ball rolling quicker.
The number I called was 613-396-2440 which is town hall.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm 
Goby

So with the hump and hole and all can you launch a boat right now ? Got a Princecraft Pro 172. I read the post to keep close to the dock etc... I assume the docks are still there this week ? We are coming down from Ottawa Friday the 26th morning and planning on fishing Long Reach up to Hay Bay. Was planning on staying overnight at FoxMotorInn.

Is Picton better for fishing and launching at this time ? How much farther is driving there ?

I want to avoid the larger part of the lake maybe up to Hay Bay but not farther.

I'll post our results next week !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:26 pm 
Guppy

We are also coming down this weekend so if anyone has any reports on deseronto or glenora launch would be greatly appreciated. How bad has the deseronto launch gotten? I was there thanksgiving weekend and we launch with no problems. Has it gotten worse since then? Any info is greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 pm 
Guppy

I launched at glenora this weekend and I would not recommend it! Go to picton! I did however pick up 1 eye just east of the ferry at the start of the reach on a blue/silver reef runner in 70 ft of water near the shoal just after the point

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:08 am 
Guppy

U can also stay at the picton harbour inn, and u can just leave your boat in the water. There lots of dock space and then your boat is right outside the door! Hop in and go!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:12 pm 
Walleye

mbeauc636 wrote:
So with the hump and hole and all can you launch a boat right now ? Got a Princecraft Pro 172. I read the post to keep close to the dock etc... I assume the docks are still there this week ? We are coming down from Ottawa Friday the 26th morning and planning on fishing Long Reach up to Hay Bay. Was planning on staying overnight at FoxMotorInn.

Is Picton better for fishing and launching at this time ? How much farther is driving there ?

I want to avoid the larger part of the lake maybe up to Hay Bay but not farther.

I'll post our results next week !

Yes the docks are still in.You will be alright putting your princecraft in, just take a walk on the dock and see where the hump is before you unload so you know where it is. Make sure you leave your motor fully tilted up until you get past the hump. I launched my 20 ft deep V there on Sunday OK but I don't think I had much more than an inch of clearance between the hull and the rocks. If the lake drops anymore the launch will be useless. I am not sure if the hump is all the way across the whole width of the launch but I bet it is, plus if you try to unload on the far side you need a really long rope. As far as driving to Picton it will be another 1/2 an hour for you, but it is a better launch with the low water conditions.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:41 pm 
Goby

Awesome thanks.

Well report back Sunday.