Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:43 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: what a tough weekend!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:58 pm 
Baitfish

So my first Quinte outing was not all that great!

Got out on the water by 7:30 on sat and she was quite rough, my uncle is running a boat he picked up just a few weeks ago so doesn't have to much experience and it was easy to tell he wasn't to comfortable in the waves and wind! the boats a wide and deep 19 foot aluminum with a 125 on it, quite stable and runs pretty good in the rough stuff but you do get a little wet.

We had the float suits on I wasn't to worried at all but he didn't want to run out past thompsons point so we mainly stayed hidden in towards the entrance of hay bay I believe. To make the day more fun the seem in the crotch of my 3 time used striker float suit ripped wide open so the splashes from the swell had me soaked!

We were running TD 11'S, reef runners, husky jerks etc and I was teaching him how to use boards, when he got cold around 3:30 I dropped him off at the dock and went to see what his boat could do, she rips along quite nicely touched up on 47mph and at speed seemed to handle the waves much better, I got out to in front of the cement plant and ran some trolling lines marking a lot of bait and arches and had seaguls busting bait up top, but didn't get a hit.

Ran back in with a nice thick coat of ice on the float suit and some encouraging signs for the next days fish.

When I came in I informed my uncle Ill be running the boat tomorrow and that we are going around the point just east of the ferry to find some deeper water.

Woke up today and launched the boat and the steering was completely frozen! I suggested we get some hot water and try to thaw it out under the dash where the rack and pinion is, or because it was so calm just run the kicker and stay close but he decided he had things to do in Toronto anyways so we should just pack up, bummer!!

And then on my drive home i realized my polarized oakleys are missing F#$k! i may have lost them off my head when running the boat back last night.

SO all in all a disappointing trip didn't get the time on the water I wanted or to fish the locations I wanted but still had a decent time, I really like my uncles new boat and will try to talk him into not storing it for a couple weeks because I want to give it another shot. Otherwise I will be heading up for first good ice, hopefully with a new float suit and shades!

Also I love running boats in rough water, I have no idea why but I always end up smiling.

Probably a boring read wish I had more success to talk of but it is what it is! lol

Cheers Zac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:10 pm 
Walleye

WOW....What a trip. We all have had a few like that. But it was still nice to get out.. right?

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:13 pm 
Walleye

That is certainly a bad spot to test the waters temp with lol. Every trip out you learn, one day it'll all come together.

banner ad
banner ad