Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:15 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm 
Minnow

Hi! Guys! I am still here just been busy. We bought a cottage on Hay Bay (North Shore/ County Road 9) in July and have been down there every weekend doing stuff to it - the last project was putting the ductwork/furnace in it for the winter. The last time on the water was in late August and launch it from the Bayview Road Launch but I think you guys call it Sherman's Point but I am not sure please correct me if I am wrong. We have a 18 foot Lund and just wanting to know your opinion on that launch and our boat or if there is a better launch to use - I know we have to go besides the cement pad - between it and the stump. Anyway, this weekend is looking good so far and am hopeing to get on the water - from what I am reading from the board is that the walleye have lockjaw. Any tips on where to go i.e. Long Reach, Bat Cave, etc. Just wanting to get a couple of eaters but I know we will just end up washing lures :lol: Thanks for any info. It will be great just to be back out on the water.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:38 pm 
Walleye Master

If you're just looking for eaters, you may not even have to leave Hay Bay area. Look for weeds in 5-10FOW and rip jig bucktails, or jig minnow on a lead head. Also try casting shallow cranks. If the weather is in your favour you can venture off into Adolphus and troll for the Big Girls.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 pm 
Walleye Angler

My kids and I trolled just east of ram island for an hour on Friday. We were using C.C shads in silver and black. We only managed 1 (just under 5 lbs) before the kids had to go to the wash room.

Called it quits then, but my bet is that there are still a lot of resident walleye in that area. We were on the North shore between the shore and the deep hole just east of Ram island.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:02 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Great Info Mountainministries, thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Hey there The Fishing/UFC Girl

According to BayBoy who hauled his boat out last Thrusday at Shermans Ramp, he went on the east side and didn't have to get his truck tires wet loading his 17.5 footer.

You shouldn't have a problem doing the same thing.

If you can hold your boat steady in the breezes, you could always head over to Thompsons Pt and find that deep hoe and jig for some small fish there.

Where are you on the North Shore road??? I'm at Bayview Resort with my trailer - drop me a PM

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 am 
Walleye Wisdom

the shermins ramp has a big drop off at the end of the cement ramp and there for is not useable and beware,however if you back down and use the east side of the pad you will be fine.you will be backing in the water quite a bit but it is very useable.the dock has been taken out as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:35 am 
Walleye

Was there on the weekend, and ya the ramp is unusable, that stump is real close so it is a tight squeeze but very doable. Fish definately have lock jaw, however a day fishing is better than a day at work anytime. We were marking tonnes of fish but no takers, the conditions were perfect. Hopefully they start to feed again before I take the boat out...

RED

teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Show him a fishing show, bore him to death...

Post subject: Thanks guys
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:47 pm 
Minnow

Thanks for all the useful info and you are a great group of guys.

Superdad - I hope you received my pm - I think we are neighbours?

See ya on the water - and play safe.

banner ad