Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:32 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Picton Parking Fees?????
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Anyone catch wind of the tickets being issued to vehicles parked by the Picton Ramp - they're giving out $20.00 tickets to parked vehicles?????

Heard about this on another board - people weren't impressed with the replies they got when they called about the tickets.

Is this a Picton 'cash grab'??

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:55 am 
Walleye Catcher

OUCH! I assume you're referring to the Picton harbour launch in behind the old tip of the bay motel? Last time I was there I'm pretty sure there's a little box you are supposed to put $6 or $8 or something in with your license plate #. Is it possible these were fines for people that didn't do that?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 am 
Minnow

i got an invoice from tip of the bay marina for $20.... the invoice said they were charging $10 for trailer parking. $10 for vehicle parking and mooring of the boat was included in the $20....

it was not a ticket, but rather an invoice from tip of the bay marina. didnt have anything to do with the township or anything. fee's were payable to tip of bay marina.

i threw mine in the garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 am 
Walleye Catcher

Was there still a box/sign asking for the $6 to launch there? Man, $20 is steep!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 pm 
Walleye Master

are the "invoices" being put for parking at tip of the bay lot or for parking at the ramp? to my knowledge totb is private where as the ramp is city owned? i dont blame the guy for charging to park in his lot if thats the case. $20 is a little steep though.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm 
Walleye Fry

I was there on Sunday. There were no envelopes for the launch fees. I do believe there was a sign mentioning the $20 parking fees.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:57 pm 
Walleye Master

as far as i know there isa $6 launching fee in picton and also in Wellington this fee has ALWAYS been in effect if you choose to you can also pay $60 for a one year season pass so you can launch as much or as often as you like!
This does not have anything to do with parking its only to actually launch your boat the parking is free in the marina area. it seems to me that the tip of the bay is getting tired of people parking in there lot free of charge and have now decided to charge for parking I guess this is there choice and also there right since they own and pay taxes on that property........ I predict a real cluster frack coming soon and it wont be long before cars and trucks start getting towed away at the owners expence..... call it a hunch.
I have been coming to this area for 13 years and every year ive boughten a season launch tag 13 years ago it was $25 a season now its $60 and boys i do have to say its just a little frustrating to know you have done the right thing . are honist, and watch so many people launch for free both in picton AND in Wellington where i do pay my Taxes but have to pay to launch my boat thru the summer months

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:20 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

From what I saw it was only the vehicles parked in the tip of the bay lot.
I dont think anyone parked along the road or in the launch lot got them.

FISH HUNTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:44 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I agree if the TOTB wants to charge then its their business. The free launchers piss me off too. I pay for my launch and its only fair everyone else does too. We can't complain about the condition of the launches when people don't pay to help maintain them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:13 pm 
Baitfish

This fall as I was filling out the envelope & my 6 bucks, a local came up to me & told me not to waste my cash " local kids pick out the envelopes with long tweezers" besides the marina is closed now anyway, was the reply. $6 is quite cheap for an out of towner.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:24 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

There are no envelopes in this black box.
How can you even write down your license plate?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:42 pm 
Walleye Master

I was there yesterday and the box was full of envelopes. I always carry some with me just in case. Also i did not see any tickets on the trucks and trailers parked at the ramp. I didn't see anyone parked over at the former Tip of the bay.

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:26 pm 
Walleye

Ya, i went on TOTB, website to book a motel room last week and they said "motel closed", but nothing about parking in their lot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:07 pm 
Walleye Master

The former Tip Of The Bay Motel is no longer i business and the property is now a Medical centre and there parking lot is used for there patients so I would suspect that they are getting upset with guys parking in there lot. It sucks that the county sold off the land beside the ramp as it was always used for parking but it is like all the other ramps around the county, they don't care about fishermen it all boils down to money.

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:17 pm 
Walleye Master

I've never launched in Picton, but may be this weekend, so just a couple of questions. Where are you supposed to park, and where is the mailbox to pay for launching fees.

Thanks

banner ad