Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: fishing results 25 may02
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:16 pm 
everyone seems to be fishing in and around haybay or the reach area and not catching much.why not expand your boundaries and go where you can catch fish by the boat load.try fishing off the hydro plant or furhter down by the cement plant.,towards Bath.i've been fishing this area and you can fish for size or quanity.oh yes the occasional brown or rainbow might be taken as well.the fish are there you just got to find them.I intend to check out some hot spots i know around amherst island and off the east end of the brother islands this week.romour has it that there are many fish being taken just at dusk and after dark...
Quote:

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:15 pm 
    not being from the area...where's the hydro plant & cement plant???
    what kind of bait/presentation?
    Thanks !

banner ad
     Post subject: good point godchaser!!
    PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:53 am 
    Excellent suggestion!! The cycle has already began for this years fishing season, the walleye have spawned and I have no doubt they now head back to Lake Ontario to seek out deep water. Times have changed because of the zebra mussels cleaning up the bay and the majority of fish no longer stay there. We may have a lake erie fishery now where the walleye roam the big lake following schools of baitfish and always have the safety of deep water if needed, and definitely less disturbance of boat,sea-doo traffic! Like you say, theres always the chance of hooking into a brown or rainbow in those areas!! Any fish is better than no fish, and if you get a trout on, hang on to the rod real tight!!!
    Thanks for the suggestion and hopefully some fisherman will increase there catches from it. Remember, alot of bass fisherman used to run to the Main Ducks for large catches during their tourneys but the bay now has the great population, maybe things have reversed for the walleye, small population in the bay and the main population has now made its way to Lake Ontario!!! Food for thought!!!
    Fish on!!!

banner ad
    banner ad