Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fri Nov 9 - Hay Bay
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:20 pm 
Minnow

Spent the morning fishing from 830-1230 in Hay Bay mostly East of Ram Island. I tried MountainMinistries trolling area that he shared a few days ago but didnt have any luck. I was trolling deep divers.

I also tried casting and jigging swimbaits in the flats around Perfect View. Managed one average Pike which slammed the bait.

MountainMinistries - I think I saw you arriving in your bath tub boat as I was leaving, how did you make out?

Post subject: Re: Fri Nov 9 - Hay Bay
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yeah that was me and my dad. Friday was a little tough. We didn't get started until about 11:45. As we left the house we crossed the bay as I like to troll the North side. Almost half way across a 7 lb pike slams the black on silver CC Shad. Looks like a good day.

Then nothing. Trolled for about 3 hours on the line that I mentioned in an earlier post and had no luck. Without any electronics in the boat it was impossible to tell if they had moved on or if they just had lock jaw. Headed back to the house as I wanted to be home for when the kids got home. (We are further east of the trolling line; right where the bay narrows).

Right as we approached the neighbors shore we slam into another 5 lb. Pike. Not the target species but still fun. Decide to make one more pass of my shore line and land another 5.5lb pike.

Didn't make it out today however there have been a lot of boats trolling right in front of my place so maybe they have moved deeper into Hay Bay. I spoke to one of the boats that was trolling out from my dock and they said they had caught a 10 lbs walleye.

So it just may be that the trolling line that had been working isn't any more. That being said there is a deep hole just North West of my dock that might be holding a few.

Dan

banner ad