It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Nov 23-25 Great trip
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 am 
Walleye

Attachment:
11lbs 6oz.jpg

Finally able to report a great Bay of Quinte trip after many years of trekking down from Muskoka.
Our group of 4 arrived at Merland Park around none Friday, un packed and on the water at 1:00 set up lines just in front of the Cement Plant. No sooner did we get set up when our first line fires within 15 minutes of our troll. My buddy Al wins the 1st up lottery and we land this monster weighing in at 11lbs 6oz. Hit a Silver and Black Husky Jerk 125ft back in 30FOW.

A good start to our weekend but ended up washing baits the remainer of Friday. Met up with Ed from Chas'in Eyes on Saturday and he put us on to 2 more quality 7lbers Saturday fighting the wind and waves in about the same spot using the same bait. Silver was our colour for us. Thanks Ed...appreciate your expertise.

2 of our guys cut out Sunday early to catch the GreyCup back up North when Al and I decided to continued on spending most of our time in front of the Cement plant again but the conditions were perfect for an East of the Ferry troll in the afternoon and just as we were ready to call it a trip we had a beuty 10lb 40z take a 6" CC Wally Diver...Silver again!

4 quality Bay of Quinte Eyes and 2 over 10lbs, a personal best for Al...actually truth be told it is probably his first ever Walleye. (sorry Al couldn't resist) those Queen Charlotte Coho's and Springs have you spoiled! :lol:

Made it home safe after driving through blizzard conditions and 8" of snow in Muskoka.

Til the spring...be safe out there everyone.

Steve

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Nov 23-25 Great trip
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:22 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Good Job Steve - Thanks for sharing and PB's are ALWAYS good.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:03 pm 
Walleye Master

good job on the pb's...

i can relate to being spoiled by kings and coho's...but the art of walleye fishing is still a thing of beauty!

bet a walleye on that spinning rod shown in the background would be an absolute blast!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 pm 
Walleye

Steve...we caught our last fish of the trip on that little reel, a nice little 10lber, yes a blast. It is a Mitchel 300 Anniversary Reel #232 of I beleive a thousand. I won it at the Kiwanas Derby in 1979-80ish and when the guy presented it to me he asked if I was going to showcase it...said nope, thats a working mans reel. I was telling Ed from Chas'in Eyes that my goal was to catch a PB on that reel.

Thanks for noticing.

Steve

banner ad