banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:23 pm 
Walleye

im not sure if it was at this site i read that "Clam" does not offer online ordering for Canadians.....thats kind of right ....i needed replacement roof poles for my Clam 2000 it took me a while to figure out how to get them but i did.....and its SIMPLE ..Clam offers shipping orders to Canada by ***telephone only***** here is the number 1-763-231-4120 took about 4 days to arrive ....shipping cost me about $20 to my front door Simple and Easy ....Hope this helps someone out......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm 
Walleye Fry

Was shipping based on the size? I got a gas cap for jiffy for $10 and shipping was flat rate of $25 :o

I need new buttons for the poles and the easy push clips for my 2 man flip hut. I believe that's about the same price.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:25 pm 
Walleye Fry

This is what I need

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:38 pm 
Goby

I did the same (Ordered over the phone) $9 for the poles,plus shipping $20, but they forgot to mention I needed to pay UPS when they arrived another $10. It really pissed me off when I went to set up my 2000 and bungie cord in one of the new poles broke. Glad I now own a Jason Mitchell 1 man now.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:49 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

buy a frabill boys no problems there.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm 
Walleye Master

Hey tmcgill. Thanks for the number. I had it here but lost it. I got a Clam Jason Mitchell Pro Thermal for when I am going out by myself and when I unpacked it and was putting it together there was damage to one of the pole locks. I sent them an email and within the hour I had a reply from a miss Yolanda R asking me to send here a picture of the bad pole and a pic of the receipt. Well 2 days later the pole was delivered to my door free of charge. I had requested they send me just the lock but they sent the hole pole. While I was waiting for the pole I took the push button out of the pole and had a look at it. I went down to my shop and got on the lathe and machined out all new ones out of brass and they work very well. I have always had no problems dealing with Clam and have owned several of there huts and love them.

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:02 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Ya Fred I've heard of a couple of incidences where the customer is taken care of right smartly and thats all fine and good but being a glass half empty kinda guy it makes me wonder if it even costs Clam Corp 1/5th of what they charge to have the finished product delivered to their distribution centers in the good ole' U.S of A . Frabill still manufactures a far superior product. For now.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:39 pm 
Perch

If it's the buttons inside the pole you're after, I just went through this myself and after lots of searching, Clam said they would ship them to me if I ordered over the phone. In the meantime, I found them on e-bay and ordered 20 of them which ended up costing $20 including shipping. Search on e-bay for "Valco Snap Button" and you will find .250 x .280 buttons. You can buys a pack of 10 for $6.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valco-Snap-Button-A-0-250-Dx-0-280-H-/290673156190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item43ad78605e

If it's the black clip, I've seen them at lots of fishing stores....

Last edited by G.mech on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 pm 
Walleye Master

You right Ass Monkey Frabil is making some very fine huts and accessories and they seem to value there Canadian customers better that Clam. It is ridiculous that Clam could not have a warehouse here in Canada and stand behind there customers better. After all they probably sell more huts to Canadians than Americans.

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I had a problem a few years ago with a clam basecamp, one seam wasn’t sewn for about 6 inches near the bottom, after calling and explaining the issue and sending them pictures they told me to cut out the logos and 6 inches of the zipper and send it to them, AFTER FISHING SEASON…lol I did as asked and in September they sent me a whole new basecamp on their dime. At the time they were great, it was Gagnon Sports in Oshawa that were douches, I opened the box, set it up in the living room and noticed the seam, called Gagnon and they said deal with Clam not us. Douches!!!!
Tim
Now I have a Frabil Cammando....

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 am 
Walleye Wisdom

i have read so many post on different sites about issues with the clams and a few buddies have them and everyone of them say they willl buy frabill when they upgrade.hopefully they get there *** together for the previous owners and take care of there customers.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:41 am 
Walleye Fingerling

fishing world in hamilton has those clips. I just got some and they are much better than the original clips. I believe they are $10 for 6. I have a friend who lives in hamilton and comes down every weekend...if you want me to have him get some for you i would be more than happy to do so.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I had issues with my clam base camp tear in wall when i first took it out of the box and had to send them a 12x6 cut out of the fabric. 6 days later a brand new one arrived.

2 friend of mine have had horror story experiences with fraibill and clam and saved up the cash for otter flip overs and they are te nicest I've ever seen

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:20 pm 
Walleye Fry

Thanks for the info everyone. Easy to search once you know what their called lol.

Braithw8 thanks for the offer. Where does your buddy come down to? I wouldn't want to put him out of his way.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:08 pm 
Perch

If it's the inside button you are looking for, Fishing World doesn't carry them (been there, done that). They do have the plastic clips though but keep in mind, there are two sizes (7/8" for sure and I think 1").

Good luck! Pray for ice.

banner ad
banner ad