Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:24 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: stolen tackle box
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:59 am 
Perch

Hello everyone. A truck drove off from obrians bridge at highway 37 with an "old Pal" tackle box. Yes a young lad had borrowed his dads tackle box and yes it had 25 years worth of items in it. I mentioned the forum and so here it is. Just in case someone comes across a tackle box being sold way to cheap. I feel bad for the kid and bad for the dad who is out a lifetime of fishing lures.

thanks for your time.
guilligan

Post subject: Re: stolen tackle box
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:28 am 
Walleye Angler

That's getting to be a bad place last year a friend had the window of his truck smashed and tackle, rods and raingear stolen.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 am 
Walleye Angler

If it will help, I have a tackle box and some tackle that I would like to give to the kid - get him back in the game and back in dad's good books.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:08 am 
Walleye Fingerling

I too have have some tackle I can donate to your box matt. Iv'e lost many thing of my dads over the years never a fun experience telling dad, I can drop some stuff at wherever if needed

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:12 pm 
Perch

Thanks guys .... I will chat with the boys Mom tomorrow and let you know on the tackle .... nice to know there are such great guys out there.
chow. for now

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:04 pm 
Walleye Angler

Do a post I would like to donate

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:36 pm 
Perch

Me too...I have way too much tackle that doesn't get used much these days

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

hi,
add the ole bluedog to the list
please provide an address where i can send some "stuff" i'd be willing to share
all new in boxes NOT JUNK I DON'T WANT !!! just double or triples i have

the ole bluedog

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 am 
Perch

I also have doubles I can donate the the lad. I will post an address later this morning.
Great bunch of fishermen helping another fishermen. It isn't always about catching fish.
thanks Paul----guilligan

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 am 
Perch

Thanks to all the guys who responded. Here is the address if you would like to help out.
Colleen S.
Foxboro Public School
658 Ashely Street
R.R. 1
Foxboro ON
K0K 2K0

Thanks to all and good luck on the water.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:40 am 
Walleye Wisdom

thanks for the PM
and address
PM sent

the ole bluedog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

I'm preparing some quality tackle from my surplus as well to send along to the family. I hope they get more than was lost...

I can somewhat relate to what the young lad is feeling when his Dad's tackle box was stolen. Back when I was in my early teens, growing up in Scarborough, I was nuts about fishing and took public transit to places like Highland Creek, Rouge River, Grenadier Pond and the Hearn Generating station to try and catch anything that would tug on a line. One such trip, I packed up the nice military backpack my brother gave me with my Shakespeare telescopic rod, Compac Reel and my pride and joy (the carefully organized Old Pal 3 tray tackle box) and headed off on the bus, then subway, then a good walk to High Park to get some panfish and maybe a bass to latch on to my offerings. Well, I was fishing a more secluded area, off the path through the park, working a hula popper in the lily pads and strayed a little too far from my backpack, hand net and tackle box and someone took off with everything. I got back to the area where I knew I left my gear, and this hopeless feeling of panic overcame me. I'd spent every $ I'd ever earned plus my allowance buying lures from Lyons & Co Sporting Goods on Kingston Road in Scarborough and all that money was wrapped up in that tackle box. The simplest of lures back then, like Arbogast, Heddon, Eppinger, Rapala and Mepps. An hour later, after a frantic search around the area where I'd left the backpack, I boarded the subway for home feeling totally deflated. To add insult to injury, about a week later, after school I got a phone call. The male voice asked if they could speak to Terry (my brother's name was on a label inside the backpack). I told them who 'Terry' was and my name, hopeful that maybe someone found the pack. Then there was laughter in the background and the person said "are you missing some fishing tackle and a backpack?", followed by more laughter and then the phone went dead. My mom insisted I call the police to see if they could trace the call, but they had no interest in my plight. That phone call was like the twisting of the knife...it only made me more determined to spend every dime I'd earn from then on, on fishing gear. At least that's what my wife will tell you, LOL!

Anyways, I appreciate the generosity of the guys on this board and others, and hope the replacement tackle will bring some smiles and get the boys back out fishing.

Tight lines...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 pm 
Walleye Angler

I remember years ago I was fishing at the twin bridges in Foxboro and going from one side of the bridges to the other and all over to different spots. I would do pretty good there for Bass and Pike. On the one day I was there for awhile and decided I'd had enough and headed for the car and put my rod in and left. Well, It wasn't until I got home that I realized I'd left my tackle box somewhere along the bank at the bridges. That tackle box was the kind with two sides of deep trays and I had it full of lures. When I went back to check, It was gone. I couldn't believe it. So I know the loss he's feeling. I now have a few boxes of tackle and would also like to give some to the kid to help replenish his Dad's loss.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:33 am 
Walleye Wisdom

well today was really nice
i received a thank you card from the lads mother and him
IT WAS BEAUTIFUL !!!
for the little i sent

the ole bluedog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:42 am 
Walleye Angler

Awesome! The family should get the package I sent today or tomorrow. It's scary how much gear you realize you actually have when you go through an exercise like this. I'm sure my wife just turns a blind eye...I just make sure I never complain when she comes home with a new top or pair of shoes, LOL!

banner ad